How exactly do you test battery life?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Nave29, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Nave29 macrumors member

Besides using a stopwatch and then just using your MPB, is there any other way to test battery life? I want to get some good stats on my 2017 tbMBP 13".

2. malikkamran macrumors 6502

malikkamran

you can reboot your device after charging 100 percent and not take breaks then use activity monitor energy tab to check I get 6 hours on my tbmbp 13 2016

3. tCC_ macrumors member

4. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

You don't you just use it everyone has different settings, apps, brightness, wifi and Bluetooth usage etc and will get a different battery life, unless it seems to have an issue just use it and enjoy.

Your new machine may also take a couple of weeks to settle down battery wise this has been observed over and over again on here and in other sites, don't even think about it for the first week or so at least.

5. leman macrumors 604

I don't. I just see how long it lasts for me doing normal stuff. There are myriads of ways of doing batter testing and just as many factors that will affect it. Professional reviewers have their own methods, which can be more or less realistic, but even they fail more often then succeed (like the latest consumer reports debacle...)