How exactly do you test battery life?

Nave29

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
Besides using a stopwatch and then just using your MPB, is there any other way to test battery life? I want to get some good stats on my 2017 tbMBP 13".

malikkamran

Suspended
Oct 6, 2016
Pakistan
you can reboot your device after charging 100 percent and not take breaks then use activity monitor energy tab to check I get 6 hours on my tbmbp 13 2016

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
You don't you just use it everyone has different settings, apps, brightness, wifi and Bluetooth usage etc and will get a different battery life, unless it seems to have an issue just use it and enjoy.

Your new machine may also take a couple of weeks to settle down battery wise this has been observed over and over again on here and in other sites, don't even think about it for the first week or so at least.

leman

macrumors G3
Oct 14, 2008
I don't. I just see how long it lasts for me doing normal stuff. There are myriads of ways of doing batter testing and just as many factors that will affect it. Professional reviewers have their own methods, which can be more or less realistic, but even they fail more often then succeed (like the latest consumer reports debacle...)