Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mamut

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 10, 2016
Hello, I have weather app widget + little box on home screen, is is okay to have ''while using the app or widgets'' or should I use ''always''?

Because my lockscreen widget isn't always as accurate as the weather app is. For example my lock weather widget says temp 20C celsius, and when I open weather app, it is 16 degrees, and than lockscreen weathers also shows 16. How exactly to have lock screen weather accurate all the time?

IMG-0217.jpg

antiprotest

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2010
You don't need "always" -- that is only for if you want to have notifications about soon coming storms or rains etc.

"While using app or widgets" is enough for what you described. But I am not sure how to account for the delay on your lock screen widget.

You can try "always" if you want to see if that changes anything. I'd be annoyed with that setting though.

mamut

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 10, 2016
always doesn't help, and I don't want any notifications for weather and storms etc., I just want weather to be accurate when I look at my lock screen, but sometimes it isn't synced with weather app when I open it

w5jck

Suspended
Nov 9, 2013
My guess is that opening the weather app triggers an immediate sync, whereas having it sit in the Lock screen it only syncs periodically. Apple rarely thinks through these apps very well. They should give us a sync every "X" minutes option.

mamut

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 10, 2016
yep, I also think like that, would be cool to setup sync timer for weather

hideous cheese

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2012
Not the same question as the above, but it is a 'set-up' question.

I'm in London. By default the weather app adds London and Edinburgh as locations in addition to 'my location'. I keep deleting London and Edinburgh - all I want is my location - but they keep on getting added back in every time I open the app.

Help me make this go away please.

Maloney~888

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2018
Not the same question as the above, but it is a 'set-up' question.

I'm in London. By default the weather app adds London and Edinburgh as locations in addition to 'my location'. I keep deleting London and Edinburgh - all I want is my location - but they keep on getting added back in every time I open the app.

Help me make this go away please.
Yes this is a bug. Add another location any, open and then you should be good to remove those locations you don’t want! 👍🏻

hideous cheese

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2012
Didn't work for me - the city I added vanished when I reopened the app! - but thanks for the idea. Not a major issue, just annoys the minimalist in me. I'll wait for a future bug fix.

Maloney~888

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2018
Didn't work for me - the city I added vanished when I reopened the app! - but thanks for the idea. Not a major issue, just annoys the minimalist in me. I'll wait for a future bug fix.
Or try adding any location and then deleting the ones you want rid of before opening the app fully. Maybe it was this I did. But it did work, for myself and others 👍🏻

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.