How far back does Speck (for white MB) open?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by hndn, May 20, 2009.

1. hndn macrumors regular

Hello,
    There are many threads about incase but don't see one for speck. I have incase, well, it added too much weight & size. I'm thinking about getting speck.
    Honestly, I don't want to put on any case, I like the clean white look but eventually it'll look ugly with visible scratches.
    Anyone with experience with this brand?
    Thanks.

2. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

I have one of the Speck cases for my white macbook. The 2 pieces each fit perfectly with all ports and vents exposed.

The only bad thing is you can't get the damn things off unless you have 4 hands and 3 feet. They recommend you do this every couple of weeks and wipe your macbook clean as the case allows dirt and grime through the vents/crevices which can somehow scratch the macbook. Strange instructions if you ask me because I thought you put one of these things on to prevent the very thing it causes.

As for me.... I don't intend to remove the casing (I tried once but gave up for fear of breaking it).

Besides, I only got the thing to change its color because my macbook was a distraction around the conference table among all the Lenovo's, Dells and HP's. :D

3. hndn thread starter macrumors regular

I use the the little black cloth that came with the MB, wrapped a few layers around the credit card and slide my incase open, with strength :), the cloth is ripped but no scratches.
    At least I have the "laptop lift" under to drag around worried less.
    $12.99 http://www.laptoplifts.com/
    I just use the 4 small ones on the corner.
    Well, no case then.

4. hndn thread starter macrumors regular

Attached Files: