Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NPChaikin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 5, 2007
I just got my UMBP replaced. I opened it, bent the display back, and it goes EXTREMELY far back. Farther back than it felt like my original UMBP did... but it could just be me.

Can someone take a pic from the side of the UMBP with the display bent all the way back? It would be greatly appreciated... I need to calm my nerves about this machine!

shoppy

macrumors 65816
Mar 4, 2007
Hants
It goes a lot further back now then pre unibody macbook pro. WIll try and post photos later.

CitiXen

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2009

Attachments

• photo-2.jpg
    photo-2.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 554

iphonematt

Jul 10, 2007
All UMBP owners are lucky. I have a Penryn MacBook Pro and the angle it goes back sucks. When it is on my Mstand the display is basically vertical maybe just a tiny bit back which bothers me.

Attachments

• DSC00301.jpg
    DSC00301.jpg
    1,012.6 KB · Views: 208
  • DSC00303.jpg
    DSC00303.jpg
    965.7 KB · Views: 291

RKpro

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2008
All UMBP owners are lucky. I have a Penryn MacBook Pro and the angle it goes back sucks. When it is on my Mstand the display is basically vertical maybe just a tiny bit back which bothers me.

you're not really missing out on much, because when the display is open that far on the unibodies, it reflects all the ceiling lights..

NPChaikin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 5, 2007
Is there something in the hinge that could "snap?" I could've sworn I heard something snap when I was about halfway through opening it, but my mind has played more mischievous tricks on me before.

MacGeek767

macrumors member
Mar 31, 2009
Chicago, Illinois
Is there something in the hinge that could "snap?" I could've sworn I heard something snap when I was about halfway through opening it, but my mind has played more mischievous tricks on me before.

it was probably just your mind. i haven't had this problem before with my MacBook, and it bends a reasonable distance back

mcpryon2

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2008
My unibody MBP would make a snapping sound when I'd close it, usually about 1/4th of the way open, when I'd open it or close it. I never really investigated the cause of it before I returned it for other reasons.

NPChaikin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 5, 2007
My unibody MBP would make a snapping sound when I'd close it, usually about 1/4th of the way open, when I'd open it or close it. I never really investigated the cause of it before I returned it for other reasons.

Ugh. I just returned two defective models.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.