Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mashrur

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2009
Hi,
How far one can go with applescript to develop addin application for Entourage? For example, if you compare with Outlook 2003+ with VSTO,

Is it possible to add a custom menu in Entourage using applescript [or by any other means]? Is it possible to show an external screen from different application which will be invoked from some user interaction inside Entourage?

And, what about the IP protection after deploying something developed with applescript for Entourage?
Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Mashrur

TheMacintosh

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2009
I don't know if AppleScript can do that. You may want to look into some other languages. I don't know much AppleScript though (I can build some AppleScript Studio applications, but never tried doing any more than that).

mashrur

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2009
Thanks Macintosh. It does not need to be applescript; if it is objective C, I am fine with that too. But, I need some one [who knows] to tell me that this is the to go - and then I can start looking. You know.. mac developers are rare breed!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.