How far up the sport band to you plug the hole, and what size watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by youradhere4222, Jun 11, 2015.

1. youradhere4222 macrumors 6502

I didn't realize how dainty my wrists really were until I got my Apple Watch today. I'm a 6' tall male, and I can go all the way up to the last hole but it's just the slightest bit tight. The second to last hole is too lose, but I'll probably end up using that second to last hole.

I expected the 42 to be bigger and this doesn't seem overly large. But I have to say, this has me thinking that maybe I should have gotten the 38 instead. :p

2. Haleo macrumors newbie

Use the small band? :) I also had to switch to the smaller one...

3. Honey Badger macrumors 6502a

Honey Badger

4. kirkhuffy, Jun 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2015

kirkhuffy macrumors regular

42mm I switched to the smaller band and use the third hole in (from the bottom) and it fits nicely. I go to the fourth hole when I'm working out so its a tad more snug

5. WannaApple? macrumors 6502a

I'm a woman so it probably doesn't compare, but I have mine set on the 2nd to tightest hole. I have very small wrists though. I originally had it on the 3rd since I tend to like my watches a bit looser so I can move them around as needed, but then the heart monitor wasn't working properly and I wasn't getting the full effect of the taps so I tightened it, even though sometimes at the end of the day I have slight indents in my arm. I think with the AW its more important to wear it a bit more snug than loose due to the features of it.

6. AS90 macrumors regular

AS90

7. L-Tuned macrumors regular

8. jaymc macrumors regular

jaymc

42mm small band, 2nd to the largest hole. I like putting the minimum under the tab. 180mm wrist.

9. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

I'm using the middle hole (4th from the top or bottom) with the smaller band from a 42mm Sport. It's snug without being constrictive. :)

10. TJone macrumors 6502a

Same. My wrists are 165mm.

11. ATS macrumors regular

ATS

I have a 42 mm WSB and I'm using the second hole going left to right using the larger of the two bands. I may try the smaller band since the large band is fairly large on me.

12. nasa25 macrumors 65816

38mm small band 3rd hole. I can get it to the 4th hole but it's too snug for my liking

13. perezr10 macrumors 6502a

I know what you mean. I have the 38MM partly because it bothers me to have lots of excess strap wrapped around my wrist.

14. jayiw macrumors regular

When I first got the watch I used the longer band. I forget what hole I used but it was fine although there was some excess strap inside the band. So I decided to try the smaller band which was fine on second hold from the outside end. It's better that way because barley no excess strap with the smaller band but either band seems to fit the same.

15. Buckeyestar macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

42mm with the larger band. I'm using the 3rd hole from the end. I can also get away with the middle hole for a snugger fit.

16. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

17. H3rman macrumors 6502

42mm watch, 160mm wrists (I think, cant really remember to be honest), and I use the "Small/Medium" sports band on the 4th hole from it's smallest setting.

18. leeingham macrumors 6502

I use the S?M band and currently have it on the 3 from the top (end nearest the watch) or the 4th if workning out

19. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

42 mm Space Grey with next to last hole being used on M/L band.

20. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

I've a 42 bsb, large band and I use it between as big as it goes and one hole in depending on how much my arm has decided to swell (nerve damage.) I was surprised, I didn't think my wrists were that big until I measured them before getting the watch.

I'm 6'3 and by no means overweight, though I've always had a good build. I've not even lifted weights since my injury a few years ago so I expected smaller wrists.

Pleasantly surprised by the Milanese though, tried it on Tuesday and it's just perfect for me, it even manages to squeeze over my pit shovel hands :D And as it allows infinite adjustment it is really handy for dealing with my stupid arm. Ordered one that day and now just (im)patiently awaiting its delivery.

21. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

42 WSB, S/M band, 3rd hole from the end. 2nd if I want a loose fit.

22. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

38 mm. S/M third hole from the end for a loose fit and 4th hole from the end for a more snugg fit.

23. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

I always thought I had small wrists, I'm using the M/S band and am in the 5th from the end (eg I can go four more tighter holes if necessary)

24. h00ligan macrumors 68030

I got a 42 but I'm on the next to last hole of the s/m band. The large band wraps way too much, first hole area.

Change the band down, the 42 ships with the large one installed unlike the 38

My wrosts are probably around 165-170

Attached Files:

25. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Tip: If you choose a setting that's a little snug, don't worry, the band will stretch a very small amount over a day or two and then the fit will be just right.