Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How far will you go to get an iPhone?

• camp out a week before?

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • camp out a couple days before?

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • camp out the night before?

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • get there on the 29th and pray they still have some?

Votes: 20 51.3%
  • Order online

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

hatcher146

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 26, 2007
north carolina
im just curious to see how far people will go to get an iPhone

will you camp out for a week?

camp out a couple days before?

get there a day before, june 28?

go to the store on june 29th(and pray they still have some)?

or order online?(sorry didnt add that to the polls)

also, how many units do you think each cingular/apple store will get?

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
Personally I was planning on ordering one online with my HE Discount. I certainly wouldn't camp out.

marksman

macrumors 603
Jun 4, 2007
If I can pre-order online I will certainly do that. Even if it meant waiting an extra day or two to get one, it is a sure thing versus taking your chances getting lucky at a store.

I hope that they do have online pre-orders. As that is the route I would prefer to go.

TheAnswer

macrumors 68030
Jan 25, 2002
Orange County, CA
I'm camping out as of right now...nothing but old Doris Day movies, John Waters films and old Wonder Woman reruns on the TV and Wayne Newton, Boy George and Bette Midler on the stereo until I have an iPhone. :p

iMichael72

macrumors regular
May 19, 2007
Maryland, U.S.A
No camping out for me. I might take off that day, but otherwise I'll just go after work.

If I get one the same day, great. If not, I'll be bummed, but I'll be OK!

Eric1285

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2007
I'll probably head over to the AT&T store right after work on the 28th and camp out all night. I don't think I'll even keep it for myself, but I do want to buy one and play with it and perhaps write up a review for my blog.

brandon6684

Dec 30, 2002
I won't be back in the states until August, hopefully there will be ample supplies by then, though I'm still trying to get a Wii.

brandon6684

Dec 30, 2002
..wait.. you can't find wii's? im pretty sure that there are ample supplies of those everywhere..

No one is selling them online yet, at least are regular price unbundled and there are none near where my wife lives, or at least they don't stay on the shelves long

rpaloalto

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2005
Palo Alto CA.
I live right down the street from cingular. I will keep a eye out all week as soon as the first guy appears the show is on I'll be there with my lounge chair and my retro rainbow Apple shirt, 2 days or 7, I don't care. Plus my previous 2 year commitment just expired 2 months ago. As well as my half of our tax return has been set aside for this baby.

Eric1285

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2007
I think getting there at 8 or so the night before will be plenty. That was the deal for PS3/Wii (assuming that they're not doing midnight launch...if that's the case, then people will probably have to leave work early that day or skip it alltogether if they want a shot at getting one). Remember, rumor has it that Apple is only going to be shipping about a quarter million of these at launch. Compare that to the Wii which shipped something more like half a million units, yet was (and still is!) impossible to find. Worse comes to worse, if you really want one, you can pay someone $3k+ for one on eBay or try one of those free iphone deals.

bbplayer5

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2007
Im getting one inside the mall... you cant camp out the mall ;) Plus a friend of mine knows the manager :D

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Oct 6, 2005
NJ/NYC
Since a new contract is required...this eliminates alot of ebayers. Camping out may not be necessary.

I don't think I will camp, but may take a day off of work.

If there are online pre orders (fingers crossed), I will do that for sure...waiting a few days for it to ship won't bother me too much.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I think I am 3 miles from a Cingular so I'm guessing no more than that?

Actually I have no desire to get one.

Eric1285

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2007
Since a new contract is required...this eliminates alot of ebayers. Camping out may not be necessary.

I don't think I will camp, but may take a day off of work.

If there are online pre orders (fingers crossed), I will do that for sure...waiting a few days for it to ship won't bother me too much.

That's not going to stop the eBay people. Early termination fee is like $200-250. The iPhone will be easily going for $1500+ on eBay, if not up to $3000.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.