How fast are repairs at the Regent St Store?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sanzu08, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Sanzu08 macrumors member

Sanzu08

The left fan on my MBP started making an intermittent ticking noise a few weeks back and now its doing it more and more often.

I'm thinking of dropping of at the Regent's Street store to get it repaired but I loath to be without it for more than a day or two. Has anyone had any good/bad experiences at how fast the repairs are at that store???

Also do you think it would really get repaired faster is I shelled out the £79 for ProCare ????

thanks

2. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

Ah.. it would really depend on stocks of the replacement item. Shelling out for ProCare won't speed it up, if they're outta stock. Simple as that. Why not just pop into the store and make enquires?

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

ProCare doesn't do much except make it easier to make appointments.

For example Friday I went to the Apple Store without an appointment, no body would get an appointment for that day anymore and when I put in my ProCare number, it showed me the ProCare only appointments for the day.

4. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

5. Sanzu08 thread starter macrumors member

Sanzu08

thanks for the replies !

I guess I'll take my MBP in and see what they say - I have a feeling that as well as the fan "clicking" away the DVD drive is on its way out, seems very hit and miss when it comes to ripping.

Think is I was planning on get the 3G iphone on friday and would really hate to not have my MBP available to get everything synced etc....

6. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

you can always bring it to a authorized service center. At least in the US, instead of the typical "its gonna be 2 weeks" the auth. service center can diagnose it right there and order parts. Could be done in 2-3 days, assuming the part is in stock (which most are). The only thing i've seen out of stock is LCD panels for 1st and 2nd gen MBPs, and apple was able to obtain them weeks ahead of the est. ship date.

7. Alan Taylor macrumors 6502

Alan Taylor

I dealt with the Regents Street store just 2 weeks ago. They are backed up by about 250 machines, and it took a week for my CR Priority case to be done.

They do however offer *excellent* customer service.

8. Sanzu08 thread starter macrumors member

Sanzu08

good to know about - think I'll try to wait awhile before taking my MBP, no way could i last a week without it