How fast can you type on your iPhone/ipod touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iMpathetic, Dec 26, 2007.

1. iMpathetic macrumors 68030

iMpathetic

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

Hey everyone. I just got my 8gb touch for Christmas, and I was wondering how fast y'all typed on them. I'm typing this on It now. Post your speeds, either relatively or in WPM. I prolly do around 12.

2. PirateP6 macrumors newbie

I can type about 18wpm. I just got my Ipod Touch 8g.

3. RiyaLancer macrumors newbie

I've found it harder to type on... With out making a ton of mistakes, so I'd say.. About 5-8 wpm.

4. iMpathetic thread starter macrumors 68030

iMpathetic

You remembered the thread's anniversary! I'm... so.... touched... :eek:

Since mine got stole, I type 0 WPM.

5. pubwvj macrumors 68000

pubwvj

35 wpm but that's aweful since on a real keyboard I can easily do 135 wpm. Typing on the iPod/iPhone is painfully slow. :( I wish the iPod/iPhone on screen keyboard were somehow easier to type on.

6. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

I can only type about 50 words per minute, maybe 70 on a good day. I'm amazed by people who can type anything faster than 90 words per minute since I don't even think I can think that fast.

7. pubwvj macrumors 68000

pubwvj

I knew a woman years ago who was a first rate secretary. She could whiz along at 300 wpm and that was on one of those old electric typewriters. Pretty amazing!

8. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

It's great that you're searching. You would have had to search, because this thread is a year old. But DON'T. BRING. BACK. OLD. THREADS.

9. iMpathetic thread starter macrumors 68030

iMpathetic

10. pubwvj macrumors 68000

pubwvj

Why not? The internet is timeless. That is one of it's beauties. Discussions can continue across geography and time.

I am amused that you feel so strongly that you have to scream (all caps) about this topic. Calm down. Relax. It really shouldn't hurt you so bad for someone else to do something. Take a deep breath, breath out, breath in, breath out, breath in... hold that for a few hours...

11. Alchematron macrumors 65816

Alchematron

I'm waiting for a 10" Air so I can use 10 fingers to type normally.

Typing with 2 thumbs or 1 finger does not work for me in real world functionality.

For me, the iPhone/iPodTocuh is a small lightweight novelty. :rolleyes:

12. Surely Guest

Surely

I can type around 45-50 WPM with help from auto-correct.

Old threads are more mature.

13. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

FWIW, bumping a thread like this is fine, as the topic itself is still relevant.

It's a problem (and we may delete the bumping post) when the majority of the old information in the thread is not relevant.

Examples:

- There's a thread from 2005 or something, about how to use the same Windows image for Bootcamp and Parallels, and people saying that one cannot do this. Bumping it today and saying, "Hay guys, just do xxx" would be in bad taste, because obviously almost everything related to this situation has changed since 2005. Or bumping a thread asking about running Windows apps on a Mac that was written in 2003 to say that you recommend using Bootcamp. :rolleyes: Just start a new thread.

- Bumping an ancient thread to render a not particularly sophisticated opinion (e.g. one's whole post is "LOL me too") would also be frowned upon.

- If next year, Apple releases a totally new keyboard interface in iPhone firmware 3.0, you probably shouldn't bump this thread again and say, "Hay guyz, OMG, how come u guyz only type 40WPM? I type 80 WPM ROFL" ... this would brand you as a n00b. ;)

This however is fine.

OTOH... now that there's an App Store, how are people measuring their typing speed? Which app do you all use? Using Idle Hands (free), I come out about 20-30WPM including letting auto-correct do its job (as well as having to go back and fix when it doesn't). My reference computer keyboard speed is around 75-85 WPM....

14. iphone4ever macrumors newbie