How fast do MBPs come through the refurb store?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by epoch., Aug 7, 2009.

1. epoch. macrumors newbie

The exact MBP I want showed up in the refurb Apple store tonight (after checking all day) and I'm wondering: Should I jump on it now? I sort of want to wait a bit, but I want to know if I'm missing out on something that only happens like once a month ...

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Depends on the model and the time. Right now they are going the fastest they will go all year because of the tax-free holidays in seven(?) southern states.

3. epoch. thread starter macrumors newbie

Specifically, the base 13" MBP w/o anything added on.

4. coolbreeze macrumors 68000

I would jump now.

I got what I think was the last refurb MBA 2.16 rev.C and refurb MBA superdrive.

After I ordered on Wed, they went out of stock. Still out of stock...

The supply is in and out all the time, so if you see something you want, you'd better buy it at the time you see it.

5. brad.c macrumors 68020

brad.c

I've used the availability as a means to gauge how much I want something. If I see something, agonize whether or not to get it for too long, and then realize that it's gone.... THAT is the time I sit back and ask if I'm disappointed or relieved. If disappointed, I'll know to jump the next time. If relieved, then I've saved myself some buyers remorse.

Granted, nobody knows how long you'll need to wait for the next opportunity. I missed out on a Mac Mini to use as a media centre, and had to wait almost a month before I saw it again. Boy, was I all over it when it popped back up again.

I've also found that the five Macs I've ordered through the Refurb store ship very fast (out of Cali), and arrive within 2 days of my order. YMMV.

6. epoch. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys, I ordered it.

My first mac, woot!

7. brad.c macrumors 68020

brad.c

I'm noticing a definite lack of buyers remorse. Congrats on the new toy!

Um, I mean solid, serious piece of quality computing hardware.

:D