How Fixing Fixing Background Noise

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Boxito, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Boxito macrumors newbie

Hi i record a video on a conference but i can only hear the Background Noise and the voices are hard to hear how can i Fix this or can remove the Background Noise and made the voices clear?

thanks

2. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Not only do you have background noise...but an echo, too!;)

Sorry...I couldn't resist.

I'm a bad person.:eek:

3. DPUser macrumors 6502a

Many software tools are available. Isotope RX works very well. If the noise is to loud, and not steady state, you may have little luck luck.

4. ChrisA macrumors G4

I'll second Izotope RX. I recorded once with once of those bathroom hand drier blowers running and was able to (mostly) remove that.

There are other products like it. It all cases you have to find a bit of the recording that has only the noise and "train" the system on what is to be removed. Then you apply that to the part of the recording that has voices. This is not a HiFi technique for recording music but works well enough for interviews and such where you had no control of the situation.

BUT,.... in your case can't you simply move the microphones up closer to the speakers. It sounds like your basic setup is not good. The #1 "fix" is always to get closer.

5. Papanate macrumors regular

RX3 Advanced 3 has the tools. It's expensive though.
    My company does this type of work. Depending on the
    Time Length we could fix it for less than the tools you
    would have to buy.

PM me if interested.

6. ChrisA macrumors G4

I think(?) the OP is looking for a longterm solution to an on-going problem. If that is the case the solution is to not make noisy recordings, fixing them after the fact is not the way to go.

I can understand if outdoor interviews are noisy but a conference room? That is a very easy and quiet place to record. Something is up with his recording technique.

All that said I agree. hiring the job out is a good idea. There is a learning curve associated with these tools.