How Fixing Fixing Background Noise

Boxito

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2013
Hi i record a video on a conference but i can only hear the Background Noise and the voices are hard to hear how can i Fix this or can remove the Background Noise and made the voices clear?

thanks

ChrisA

macrumors G4
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Hi i record a video on a conference but i can only hear the Background Noise and the voices are hard to hear how can i Fix this or can remove the Background Noise and made the voices clear?

thanks
I'll second Izotope RX. I recorded once with once of those bathroom hand drier blowers running and was able to (mostly) remove that.

There are other products like it. It all cases you have to find a bit of the recording that has only the noise and "train" the system on what is to be removed. Then you apply that to the part of the recording that has voices. This is not a HiFi technique for recording music but works well enough for interviews and such where you had no control of the situation.

BUT,.... in your case can't you simply move the microphones up closer to the speakers. It sounds like your basic setup is not good. The #1 "fix" is always to get closer.

Papanate

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2011
North Carolina
RX3 Advanced 3 has the tools. It's expensive though.
My company does this type of work. Depending on the
Time Length we could fix it for less than the tools you
would have to buy.

PM me if interested.

ChrisA

macrumors G4
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
RX3 Advanced 3 has the tools. It's expensive though.
My company does this type of work. Depending on the
Time Length we could fix it for less than the tools you
would have to buy.

PM me if interested.
I think(?) the OP is looking for a longterm solution to an on-going problem. If that is the case the solution is to not make noisy recordings, fixing them after the fact is not the way to go.

I can understand if outdoor interviews are noisy but a conference room? That is a very easy and quiet place to record. Something is up with his recording technique.

All that said I agree. hiring the job out is a good idea. There is a learning curve associated with these tools.