How gentle is apple care team?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by madmartigan, Mar 24, 2008.

1. madmartigan macrumors member

I just sent my computer back today, I hope nothing happens to it, I packaged it up in the box apple shipped me and called DSL the moment I had the mbp in the box ready to go.

" by the way they picked it up the same day i recieved the box, which was impressive"

also it was kind of scary seeing the delivery guy just toss my computer onto the seat next to him, he just put it standing straight up so it would probally fall when he hit the brakes, I hope that the cushions inside were enough to absorb the shock.

so has anybody sent there mbp into apple to get serviced and if so, how did they treat your computer. I just hope i don't get it back with scratches all over it. I really am cautious about my tech, and i inspected this one from top to bottom.

so please share your experiences with sending in you mbp's to get serviced.

2. Nate4747 macrumors regular

You've got nothing to worry about, they are very careful. I have sent a PowerBook G4 and a first gen MBP in for service and both came back in great condition. They even clean the machines before returning them, so you get that new mac smell when you open the box.

To ease your worries, you might look around the net for some apple service manuals. If you read them, you'll see how they direct the tech to be extremely careful with the computer they're servicing.

3. madmartigan thread starter macrumors member

thank you for putting my mind to ease on the whole situation.

4. steve31 macrumors 6502a

steve31

Take a few pics of it before sending it in.;) I have never had a problem but still nice to some proof in case you need it.

5. philgilder macrumors 68000

i found apple care to be really careful

i sent in my mbp, and it had a sticker inside the battery compartment, on a part of the casing (the sticker has a tracking code, came free with my laptop bag)
    the fault of the mbp meant that part had to be removed
    apple care removed the sticker, and put it on a more permanent part
    it was done carefully, theres no sign the sticker was moved (like peeling corners) and its perfectly square to the case

if theyre that careful with a sticker, im sure theyre careful with the rest of it!!

6. fredrickyoon macrumors regular

fredrickyoon

7. jemeinc macrumors 6502a

there's always going to be a horror story here and there, but as someone who has sent numerous products in to be repaired/reviewed by AppleCare I've never had one come back in anything but better condition than when it arrived.. Obviously that usually pertains to working order of the parts and not necessarily the cosmetic appearance, but sometimes I've sent in some products that were either just dirty or even scratched up and worn looking in addition to having mechanical issues.. Sometimes they've addressed the cosmetic issues (within reason of course), and other times they haven't.. At the very least you can expect your MBP to come back in the exact same cosmetic condition it was when they got it, and if you're lucky they may even give it a "detail"..

I think you'll be pleased with how they treat tour MBP..

8. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

No need to worry. Computers are a lot tougher then they get credit for.

If you saw what happens to computers when they are shipped you'd about have a heart attack. That DHL driver incident is nothing.