How good are iPad stock levels in stores these days...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by truthiness, Apr 13, 2012.

1. truthiness macrumors regular

Have to drive about an hour tomorrow to my nearest Apple store. Hoping they have all models in stock.

Are they pretty well stocked now that the mad rush is over?

2. koban4max macrumors 68000

THere are plenty of them. Don't worry. Call first.

3. ufwa macrumors regular

Unless you're driving in that direction and/or you absolutely need it right away. Order online.

Apple ships it for free to your door. You'll save the gas money.

4. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

You should def call first. 32g sold out in most. Depends on your area of course.

5. PaulWog Suspended

I got super lucky. My local futureshop store had a bunch of iPads in. I got to select the one I wanted... 32gb wifi black. They had a bunch in too lots of selection.

6. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

OP if u do insist on driving at least order it online and select the in store pick up option,no waiting just grab it and go and yeah at least u known they have the one u want

7. TC25 macrumors 68020

Novel concept.

Let's see, do I start a thread on MR about iPad stock in stores or do I call the store I will spend an hour driving to? Starting a thread seems the logical thing to do.

8. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

What are you, the logic police? Guy had a valid question and wanted to ask people on MR. I for one find it interesting to hear these anecdotes.

9. truthiness thread starter macrumors regular

Of course, I could call. However the last time I called I was told they couldn't give stock levels over the phone. Hence... my question.

With that being said, that was with the 4S on launch day, so maybe now that things have settled down with the new iPad they'll be able to give me the info I need.

10. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

....and you think we can give you stock levels for your (unknown) store over the internet?:eek::D

Simple solution. Go to the Apple on-line store and select Personal Pick up and guaranteed it will be waiting on you.;)

11. Dkorda macrumors 6502

Every Target I have been to has dozens in stock.

12. henhowc macrumors regular

Just buy through Apple.com and you can check current stock. Use store pickup and they will hold it for you.

13. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Do you honestly think any one person here knows the stock levels for all stores simultaneously? You don't even mention your location.

14. count chocula macrumors 6502a

count chocula

I was in an apple store yesterday, and decided to take the plunge and replace my first gen iPad. I asked for a 32 gb white wifi model, and they didn't hesitate. Probably depends on the store though.

15. truthiness thread starter macrumors regular

No, I don't think that. Honestly.

16. koban4max macrumors 68000

Hi Mr. Troll. Thanks for giving your useless insight. Hmm...to be or not to be...that is the question...

17. newone757 macrumors 6502

I'm in the military so I take advantage of the tax free 10 dollars off pricing at the exchanges. Last week I wanted to buy a 16 wifi but all they had were white 32 and up ( I got the 32). The other exchange didn't have any at all and even took them off of display. Still waiting for a 16 to come in stock as my wife wants one

18. truthiness thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the heads up about that in store pickup inventory checker... that's exactly what I was hoping was available.

19. Ecoh macrumors 6502a

Ecoh

At the local Apple store here they will not let you order online and pick up at store. I asked why and was told because their stock levels fluctuated too much. Would not give out numbers or let me reserve one. I walked into the store and they had them available, just not every model every day.

20. ChrisTX macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

The OP hacked a valid question. You on the other hand in response trolled your way in and gave an invalid answer.

21. Dkorda macrumors 6502

Agreed

22. cdmoore74 macrumors 68020

Good enough for people to swap 2, 3 maybe 4 units when problems arise.

Good enough for people to return bundles of unopened iPad's after release day because they could not make a profit reselling them in China.

Good enough that iPad prices are normal on craigslist.

Don't get me wrong. iPad 3 has beat all other tablets hands down. But it's not Apple vs Android in 2012. It's Apple vs Apple. Every year a new iProduct must beat the previous iProduct to make the analyst jump for joy.
    That little 1 to 2 week waiting period for iPad on Apple.com is not fooling me. It's a mind trick to build hype. Take it from me, it's very easy to make people think anything you want them to think. Apple is no different.

23. newone757 macrumors 6502

Not where I live

24. TC25 macrumors 68020

The last refuge of the thought police, call someone a troll.

I'm thinking of spending time outside today painting. What's the weather forecast? What, the weather where you are doesn't help me decide whether to paint outside? Since when?