how good are the apple wireless kb + m?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by otispunkmeyer, Jul 25, 2007.

1. otispunkmeyer macrumors 6502

how good are these? i want a kb and mouse for use when im at my desk at home, but i want wireless and more importantly BT wireless because as you'll all be aware of USB ports are at a premium.

i do have a hub yes, but also id like to be able to atleast take the mouse with me when i go out. so i would prefer not to have to use any usb ports.

ive read a few things about the wireless mighty mouse..mainly that it is unreliable and not built particularly well. stories of battery bay doors falling off, dropped connections, non-functioning scroll ball etc

same with the keyboard with the added bonus that it is naturally hard to keep clean because its white. again batt bay doors coming off, unexpected total failures etc.

theres not many options out there is there really....so apple is almost the only choice. logitech MX5000 laser desktop is also completely BT as well but isnt designed for mac.... i know it will work, but the question is how well?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I have the current keyboard and the recently superseded mouse (single button) and couldn't be happier. I got the standard wireless Dell keyboard and mouse at about the same time and have found they go through rechargeable batteries at about the same rate. I have also found that the Apple mouse is far more accurate and has barely any random movement that is common on a lot of the alternatives. All up I've been very happy with my keyboard and mouse from Apple. Remember that you'll usually only ever read about the negative aspects of a product on these boards. :)

3. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

I only have the Apple BT Keyboard.

Build quality; mine is immaculate. A 1.5 metre drop on concrete knocked a few keys off, but nothing got broken. The battery door hasn't broken off, and it's always connected almost instantly after extended periods of inactivity.

Usability; I prefer the MacBook's keyboard. I think I've grown to love Apple's notebook keyboards. IMO, the Apple keyboard is loud, and sometimes not the nicest to work with.

My advice; wait until the iMac is released. Apple may update they keyboards soon, and if the rumors are true, it will have been worth the wait :)

4. otispunkmeyer thread starter macrumors 6502

oh yeah forgot, the new imacs are supposed to be aluminium like the MBP's or something arent they? they might upgrade the kb/m hopefully, but maybe they'll just keep them the same

what do u mean its loud? loud compared to a notebook keyboard? what about compared to like a standard dell/hp keyboard?

5. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

It's hard to explain. The easiest way to find out is to go into an Apple centre and use the iMacs keyboard and compare it to the MacBooks.