How good/bad is Lightroom/Photoshop with a 13" screen?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by BiscottiGelato, Jul 27, 2011.

1. BiscottiGelato macrumors regular

Or am I better off waiting for the 15" MBA/MBP? I do have a 20" that I can plug into when I get home. But on the road, how useful is 13" going to be?

2. szolr macrumors 6502

Well, it's bound to be a lot better than it used to be in Snow Leopard. Because now you can make apps full screen. But still... I tend to like a large work area when in Photoshop or Aperture (that's kind of like Lightroom I guess). It helps you get to grips with what you're doing I think. It certainly means you get a better view when zooming in to work on small sections.

Bear in mind, as well, that a 15 inch MBP will undoubtedly run CS5 programs better. They're quad core after all. I wouldn't count on the rumour of a 15 inch Macbook Air though.

3. FieldingMellish Suspended

If it's your only machine, larger is always better for those apps. 1.) less fatigue zooming in and out. 2.) Seeing more surrounding context when zoomed in a lot. I'll often connect a second monitor with a 15. Lightroom's design makes good use of wide aspect and it's pallets don't get out of hand and is feasible on a small screen. But still ...