Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

baseball-kid8

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2008
I love it. It fells sooo much better and there is a big difference. It fits perfectly in your hand with the curves.

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
like does it kick ass? is it a LOT better? can you notice a difference?
I have a 1G Touch, a 2G Touch, and an iPhone 3G. The 1G Touch is the least comfortable of the three, I find the black bezel has a kind of sharp edge and tends to dig into my palm a little when I'm holding it. The 2G doesn't have the bezel, and is rounded, so it feels much more comfortable. The iPhone 3G feels HUGE compared to the 2G Touch, but the size makes it a little easier/more comforable to grasp - the 2G Touch is almost too thin at the edges. But it's still more comfortable to hold than the 1G Touch.

Actually, the ONLY thing I don't like about the 2G Touch hardware is that the buttons feel a little cheap, compared with both the 1G Touch and the iPhone 3G. But I'm sure that varies from unit to unit.

Also worth noting is that the 2G Touch is the first Touch/iPhone I've owned that was absolutely PERFECT out of the box - no dust under the screen, no dead pixels, nothing. I've gone through two 1G Touches and two iPhone 3Gs, so it was nice to get a perfect one for a change. ;)

scotty96LSC

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I have the 1G and my son has the 2G and to be honest I like mine better. It feels more solid in my hand and the 2G buttons feel flimsy. Mine just feels more solid I just wish it had that external speaker.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.