How Good Is T-Mobile 4G LTE In The Bay Area?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Noble Actual, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Noble Actual macrumors 6502a

I'm just curious cause Verizon is seriously pissing me off right now.

3/4 for lines are can switch and if I read it correctly, the one iPhone 5c line I have, T-Mobile will pay for the ETF or something.

For anyone in the Bay Area using T-Mobile's LTE on their iPhone 6 or older iPhones, please give me your honest feedback.

Thanks

2. SundayDuffer macrumors 6502

SundayDuffer

San jose here... Tmo tle is excellent.. Im rocking a sony z ultra android though... Tethering is smooth and fast... No drop calls..im very happy. Hopefully my 6+ will perform equally or better.... One thing i will miss from android is the ability to tether for free.

3. jason4427 macrumors member

Why is Verizon pissing you off?

4. dapetrun, Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2014

dapetrun macrumors regular

dapetrun

T-Mobile has a 5S trial program...

Why not answer your own question. T-Mobile has a one week trial period where they will supply you with a iPhone 5S for you to use on their network around your home/work area to see if the T-Mobile network will be adequate for your needs. Keep the phone for a week and return it on the 7th day undamaged and they will not charge your credit card.

I am a former Verizon customer which is why I know better than to ask why they are pissing you off!

5. Snot Rox macrumors 6502

Snot Rox

For the most part, T-Mo's LTE reception is pretty good. There are still some spotty locations, but when you get full bars, it's pretty fast.

6. DblHelix macrumors 6502

In the bay it is great. SF and East bay it is fast and fairly stable. South of Half Moon Bay I would only have voice on Verizon and I have edge on t-mobile. There are 2 areas where Verizon was better. On the Altamont and in Bishop, CA I have no service or only voice where Verizon has LTE. Overall though for the price it is good enough and much better than Sprint and getting better all the time.

7. Mahler12x macrumors regular

Mahler12x

I switched to T-Mobile from AT&T a couple months ago in the Sacramento area and don't regret it for a second. Being able to go data crazy without giving a single thought to my usage makes it 1000% worth it for me.

I frequently go to the Bay Area and was just at Valley Fair Mall the other day and I got to watch Diners Drive-Ins and Dives on my Xfinity app, an entire A's game, and an episode of Orange is the New Black on Netflix while my wife and her mom shopped for hours. All this getting about 35 mbps on my LTE connection.

T-Mobile's only problems lie in the fact that their signal sometimes has issues penetrating buildings. In the ER I work in in Sacramento, I get only spotty reception, but if I move up a floor, I get 3-4 bars of LTE. It's a problem that'll hopefully get better.

If Sacramento coverage is "quite good" I'd say pretty much the whole Bay Area is "Excellent"