How good is T-mobile unlimited plan?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PongYKong, Oct 1, 2014.

1. PongYKong macrumors newbie

Heavy data user looking for unlimited data and debating between T-Mobile or sprint unlimited plan. My question is how good is T-Mobile coverage and service compare to Verizon?

2. Sparkeze macrumors 6502a

Sparkeze

It really depends on where you use your phone. But if you're debating between sprint and T-Mobile, probably T-Mobile.

3. PongYKong thread starter macrumors newbie

I'll be done with school soon so it's hard to predict where I'll be in the future since I'm in the aviation field. But as for now just home, school and work.

4. Sparkeze macrumors 6502a

Sparkeze

5. chestvrg macrumors 65816

chestvrg

You probably just need the 3GB plan that is what I use. Now with a government discount I pay every month $62 unlimited text, call and 3GB fast data then after throttled unlimited.

6. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

I haven't used either but most people seem to have much better luck with T-Mo as far as service goes.

:apple:

7. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

I rarely use the phone so have the T-Mobile prepaid plan, available only on-line, which has 100 min talk, unlimited text, and 5GB 4G LTE per month for $30. (2G if you ever go above 5GB). Works fine in our area, but as has been said, it depends greatly on where you are.

8. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

Coverage depends on where you are located, and the areas you frequent.

As for a general consensus, Verizon has superior coverage over TMobile and Sprint..but it comes at an increased recurring cost.

I travel between CO, NJ, and TX a lot and TMobile has been awesome, in terms of coverage and speed.

If TMobile works for you, it'll be great and save you some $$ too!

Best way is to try pre-paid.

9. mag2001 macrumors 6502

I have T-Mobile unlimited data and love it. I am here in San Antonio Texas and LTE coverage is decent. I guess it just depends on where you live. You can test drive their network for 7 days or something like that.

10. illutionz macrumors 65816

Take advantage of T-Mobile free test drive program. I used that for a week on places where I usually go to and make sure I have data coverage all around.

11. PongYKong thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm located in Tulsa, Oklahoma. I travel up to Owasso frequently. Btw how do you test T-Mobile without having to already purchase the phone and service?

12. illutionz macrumors 65816

http://explore.t-mobile.com/test-drive-free-trial

I use it for all my data related stuff (Spotify, Navigation, Netflix) for a week in various places.

Then return it to the store to ensure you don't get charged.

All free!