How good is the 27"iMac IPS screen

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Will10, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Will10 macrumors newbie

I’m stuck with a terrible dilemma between an iMac and a Mac Pro. The restrictions on my Mac Pro budget means that I have to by a relatively cheap IPS monitor. Either

•NEC MultiSync EA231WMi = £260
    •Eizo Flexscan S2243W = £390

I require the computer for Final Cut, Photoshop CS5 etc, basically creative projects so colour accuracy is very important. I also don’t have a TV:( so my computer monitor has to double up as my screen for movies.

I’ve seen the iMac screen used in creative suites so just wonderd
    • The quality of the screen
    • How it compares to the two monitors I’ve listed.

Many thanks for your help with this.
      Will

2. No1nfoProvided macrumors 6502

• I can't speak to the quality of anything, because I don't own any of those, but I wanted to buy a 27" iMac for my parents. In doing research for buying it around here, I found a lot of the 27" monitors for the iMac have problems such as backlight bleeding and yellow tint throughout parts or even the whole screen. Hop on over the iMac forums to read some of their thoughts. I hear Apple is good about replacing those screens though, so you don't have much to worry about if you do get a faulty screen. Just an FYI. I personally would go for a Mac Pro and a cheaper monitor. You can always upgrade the monitor later on if you have the money.

3. chockymonster macrumors member

• Have you looked at the HP L2475W ? It's not much more than what you are looking at. It profiles nicely too.
      The imac screen is ok, it will drop down to <100cdm2 and I've not had any issues profiling it. The only problem I get seems to be an issue with CS4 and multiple monitor profiles