How good is the iPhone 6 and 6+ as a phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by the8thark, Sep 16, 2014.

1. the8thark macrumors 68040

the8thark

We all know the two new iPhones Apple released make great tablets. But how good are they as a phone?

• Do they feel ok and not too large against your ear as you take calls?
    • Can you use them one handed well (with average or small sized hands)?
    • Is the messaging (sms) app any good? (I only have an iPhone stuck at iOS 3.1.3)
    • Will they fit in small to average sized pockets well?
    • Is their phone antenna as good as previous iPhones?

I can't think of any more questions. But thee are the questions I'm really looking for answers for. Any advice here would be very appreciated.

I am asking these questions as I have an iPad for all my tablet needs. I want to upgrade my iPhone 1 to a better phone. So that's why I am asking.

2. nnacrumors macrumors 6502

How could the 4.7 inch iPhone 6 ever be considered to function as a tablet? :confused:

The 5.5 inch 6+ maybe... by the iPhone 6?

3. the8thark thread starter macrumors 68040

the8thark

I've used 4.5 to 5 inch android phones as tablets and they functioned as a tablet just great. But I don't need a tablet as I have an iPad already. So my questions still stand. I'd like to know how the iPhone 6 functions as a phone.

That'a all. I'm after a device that can function as a decent phone. I don't know if the new iPhone can do this. Apple's keynote made me think the new iPhone 6 can't do this well. But I'm trying to prove Apple wrong so I can buy one and not regret it as it's a lot of money.

4. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

Wait. You mean this thing has a phone on it too? Score!