How good is the Spigen GLAS tR slim for iPhone 6?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by kapalua12, Oct 3, 2014.

1. kapalua12 macrumors 6502

I just received the Spigen GLAS tR .4 mm rounded edge screen protector that I ordered over two weeks ago from Amazon Spigen Store. I'm hesitant to open it and try it on my iPhone 6 until forum members can confirm that it covers all the glass of the iPhone or at least almost all of the glass.

Did Spigen revise this initial design recently and are they now shipping a better fitting and perhaps thinner glass screen protector?

I'm currently using the Spigen Tough Armor Case which does have a lip that covers some of the curved glass edges of the iPhone 6.

May I have your advice please?

Thanks.

2. inf macrumors 6502

inf

99% sure that it won't cover the whole screen.

I think the protector will just cover the flat part of the screen.

It is a compromise that you have to do with these curved screens. And if you want to use a case, then the edge-to-edge protectors are not going to work with most of the cases.

I'm still re-thinking of ordering a full body skin (like best skins ever etc) and maybe buy another edge-to-edge glass protector and use my 6+ naked.

3. kapalua12 thread starter macrumors 6502

Anyone have one of these Spigen GLAS Tr protectors already?

Spigen is a difficult company with which to communicate.

4. webworks415 macrumors 6502

I agree, I placed my order on Amazon on Sept. 20. It shows a ship date of October 20!!!! All this while the product page on Amazon now states that they are in stock and ready to ship with Amazon Prime. What a joke.

5. Hammie macrumors 65816

Hammie

I just received mine a few days ago. It did NOT cover the outer most edges of the screen. Additionally, the two top corners would not adhere.

I am returning immediately.

Although a long term Spigen user, these are not the screen covers that I want to use.

6. ricktat macrumors 65816

It does not cover the whole screen.

It does not even cover the entire display area.

There may be a revised version but Spigen knows these don't fit correctly and aren't telling anyone.

90% of people are unhappy with current screen protector offerings

99% of Spigen customers are unhappy.

7. vomhorizon macrumors 6502a

I received mine a few days ago. Been a fan of Spigen for a number of years now, but this particular product is a big FLOP. I kind of expected the screen protector to not cover the entire glass, but the darn thing does not even cover the functional display portion. I tried to reapply it and still there is a slight gap with the edge of the screen protector and the screen. Have left them a complaint but they haven't yet responded. I hope they get to the bottom of this and send out replacements to those that received the faulty products. The overall quality of the glass is very high, and similar to the same product that was available for older iPhones.

8. macosxuser01 macrumors 6502a

macosxuser01

*cough *cough http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1783241

9. kapalua12 thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, my glass screen protector is going back to Amazon then. This is crazy.