How good is the standard 17'' display?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by DDar, Aug 15, 2008.

1. DDar macrumors 6502

DDar

I ask because the 1920x1200 screen with LED lighting is unavailable to me. I plan on using this mainly for digital painting, so I need the display to be nice and display colors and stuff well, you know? So I'm wondering how good the standard display is.

2. DDar thread starter macrumors 6502

DDar

BUMP! Can anyone help me? I don't have a Mac store here to go check. :(

3. nayxn2nayxn macrumors member

I think only one post is necessary. You do not need to flood the forums with multiple posts of the same thing. You have posted 4 postings on the same subject over the last couple of days. One is enough.

4. DDar thread starter macrumors 6502

DDar

Not really. Each post regards to different matters of the screen. The fist was how big of a difference the higher resolution screen makes. The second was about, if I ordered online,how recent the Mac would have been made. The third was just asking opinions on whether I should settle or not for the standard, and the fourth (this one, that I ACCIDENTALLY posted on the wrong forum) is about color vividity and other things about the standard screen that may affect my work.

You may think that one topic is enough, but none have gotten answers for issues that were poste later by me, and soon found themselves lost in the sea of threads. So I'm sorry if it has annoyed you, but should'nt different issues get differen threads? <_<

5. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

Well one thread with all the questions would result in less "thread clutter" and would help keep the number of new threads down so threads didn't move off the first page so quickly.

Also, this question would likely get more results in the MacBook Pro forum. ;)

As to your question, it's an average 17" TFT LCD that will display about 260,000 colors and has a relatively limited viewing angle with color-shifting occurring as you view it off-angle.

HP just launched their new 16-million color laptop LCD in 17" format in their latest portable workstation as a $400 option, so hopefully Apple will license it (if possible) and add it to the MacBook Pro because current TFT LCDs are the biggest weakness for any laptop intended for color work.