Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sparkymarky7470

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 5, 2016
I was thinking of buying the new Nike apple watch and wondered are you able to set a certain pace per mile and if so does it warn you if you go over or under that pace?
I know it lets you know what current pace you are doing but wondered if you can set it for a certain pace?

thanks

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Assume you are asking about NRC+ app and not the OEM Workout app. You can't unless it has been added in the update. Voice feedback can tell you pace but only at predetermined distances like mile markers.

EDIT: You can download the NRC+ on your iPhone and play with it now.

Last edited:

Older bird

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2015
From a runners standpoint, the AW is a great fitness tracker and a very good watch for a casual runner mainly in it for fitness. If you have goals of training for races and want hard core stats, then I would look at a Garmin. I have used Garmin forerunners for years and love them. I have moved away from the racing scene and mainly run to keep my gut in check nowadays so the native Apple Watch workout app is sufficient for my goals

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.