How good is the Zagg InvisibleShield HD?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by hoon2999, Apr 3, 2012.

1. hoon2999 macrumors regular

Some might say why would I need a screen protector for an iPad. I understand the front glass of the new iPad is very sturdy and strong. But personally, I am very picky when it comes to protection of any devices. Since Im a guy who throws devices around(like in the car and sofa etc) I already have leather smart cover and iPad sleeve. Also my sister uses the iPad quite often so I was thinking to get a screen protector.(her nails are sharp)

Anyway I saw a new InvisibleShield called HD, saying that its made for retina display and wont give you orange peel looks. From tons of reviews that I googled, it seems like it still has a little bit of orange peel looking.

So Im just curious, is there anyone who actually used invisibleShield HD? is it worth it?
    I also bought maximum coverage which will cover back and sides too I think. do you think its a good idea?

Previously I had a zagg protector for my iPhone 4 and it was horrible. I mean protection is purely the best just that it spreads out on screen very quickly and makes ton of issues when I try to put ANY cases.(I swapped atleast 8-10 cases because of that)

2. ICEMAN 316 macrumors member

I have it on my iPad 3 and it's great. I have the original Invisible Shield on my phone and my Motorola Xoom and the orange peel is really bad. Also it has a rubbery feel which I don't like. With the HD version there's virtually no orange peel so it looks and feels smooth as glass. Well worth the money..very happy with the purchase.

3. Gary79 macrumors newbie

Gary79

I haven't experienced any orange peel or noticeable friction while using the Zagg HD on my new iPad. It's super clear and feels like the naked screen. I'm glad I paid Best Buy to install it, because even the "geeks" messed up on mine a few times, and they kept opening new ones until it was perfect.

4. hoon2999 thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for the replies :)
    i just placed an order for invis hd maximum coverage. hopefully i wont mess up during the installation

5. jdcell100 macrumors regular

Had my zagg hd installed by geek squad last week ( best 15 bucks for the install I ever spent) you can't even tell there's a screen protecter on it. I can't believe how many bad reviews zagg shields get.

6. Wallychamp macrumors newbie

I have one on mines.... Had it installed at a Zagg kiosk... The guy did a perfect install... It's way better than the original Invisible Shield... Feels like you're touching the actual iPad glass... I would recommend

7. takeshi74 macrumors 601

The HD isn't the only screen protector that Zagg makes. Have you used the original versions? A lot of people don't like the orange peel or rubbery feel. In any case, it's a subjective matter.