How happy are you with your Ipod Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by azpalmprincess, Nov 2, 2007.

1. azpalmprincess macrumors newbie

I am thinking about getting one for my boyfriend for xmas. I am wondering if for the most part those that have one are happy with it? What do you like/dislike?

2. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

Incredibly happy. You can't separate it from me.

3. Xcolored macrumors member

I'm extremely pleased with it, I've experienced no glitches. I would definitely recommend it for your boyfriend, but if you can try to get a 16GB, it'll be a lot better. I'm able to store all my music and photos, and have several full length tv shows. Anyway, I would recommend, it's an amazing device.

Zack

4. xXriderXx7 macrumors 6502a

xXriderXx7

Hasn't left my pocket since I got it.
    I use it every day, and not just the music portion, I was surprised to see how many unsecured networks there are.

Get him one.

5. Mercury7 macrumors 6502

I am very happy....if he can afford the monthy cost of the iphone though then that may be the way to go. it is just more capable...ie bluetooth,camera, ability to use internet apps when not in a wifi zone.....The touch is excellent though, he would love either one

6. Qianlong macrumors regular

IMHO I think it's just the best personal media player out there.

you have your music, pics, videos, podcasts, NES games, contacts, ... all ready to go.

but it's even better jailbroken.

It's really handy to check your email, weather, world clock, play Nintendo games , surfing the web, ...

I think I use it more for those things than just the ipod music part.

bad things: no physical controls (sound level, skipping,...) on the Touch itself, so you have to use the touch screen all the time.

finger smudges - you really need a case and screen protector

Touch headphones are cheap - buy a new pair

no HDD mode (and that's only because it's HFS+ formatted - in theory it's possible to work on a mac, but not PC's - so apple removed the option).

7. iMouseHD macrumors regular

Most of my tech purchases are great for a few days untill I get used to them but this little device has yet to not impress me. I think he enjoy it without regret. Point him this way once he has it so he can see and practice its potential.

8. Reimer macrumors regular

Reimer

it's a pain in the ass as an mp3 player because of the already mentioned reasons (having to take it out of the pocket for every little thing) and a remote is a good solution but not something I want to have to do.

battery life isn't great

no disk mode

backing should have been a better, scratch free material

Otherwise, I'm fairly happy with it. It hasn't blown me away or anything but it's a neat little gadget.

9. Reimer macrumors regular

Reimer

Actually, I think it's because it would have allowed disk access. It took a TIFF exploit in safari to be able to jailbreak.

The file system in which the Touch is formatted shouldn't be a factor because it wouldn't be any different from the other iPods.

10. blueharvester macrumors regular

My wife bought me an iPod touch for my birthday and I've been amazed by it, as has anyone I show it too! A truly fantastic device.

11. rhys105 macrumors regular

rhys105

I am very satisfied with my iPod!!! I love using the Internet on it, if you don't have wireless in your house, i strongly reccomend you get it. Its a brilliant gift idea!

12. Nats16 macrumors member

I love mine! :p where i go my touch goes. :apple: I've had no problems at all and would recommend you getting one for your bf ;)

13. chall5 macrumors regular

very happy with it except for, as mentioned, the lack of external controls particularly volume

14. emotion macrumors 68040

emotion

Access to the user portion of a disk and access to the system portion of a disk are very different things. This is unix remember.

I'd say this is probably coming when they figure out a good manageable way to do it.

15. jacktiernan macrumors regular

Luvvit! Soooo much iLove!!!

Yep, would have liked ext volume/playback control, but i have a remote now, so that problem is solved.

But seriously. It F***ing rocks my socks.

16. safetyobc macrumors 6502

safetyobc

the Touch is really awesome! I love mine. I highly recommend them to anyone!

17. cwolves macrumors regular

I love it. It's replaced my PDA, iPod and partially my cell phone.

I use the money app all the time and have it sync'ing with quickbooks, I take notes on it, I have a webserver on it to show client work...

oh yeah, and it plays music and videos pretty well too.

18. Nexxus macrumors member

Now from a female's point of view...

It's brilliant! I think you should also think about getting yourself one. It's sleek, sexy and fantastic at everything it does. Although to make it the perfect device it needs a few more capabilities, some of which hacking will take care of.

I also recommend Boxwave screen savers.

19. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante

I have always hated Macintoshes, iPods, and iPhones... but I love my Touch! It's none of the things I hated in Apples before. :p

20. jockmock macrumors regular

It's amazing... Only downers are battery life and sound quality, which could have been a little bit better.

21. radiohed macrumors regular

I have been totally happy with my iPod touch. :) I bought one in Sept and have since run jailbreak on it, which makes it even better. :D If you get your bf a touch, buy a case for it, as like most of the iPods, the chrome back scratches easily. I got the Griffin iClear case and it looks great and protects the touch as well. You can get them at Best Buy. The touch is definately a huge leap forward for portable music players, and nobody will catch up with Apple's technology and coolness factor. :apple:

22. JWest macrumors 6502

I really like it. It's my do-everything device. Really my only complaint is the less than spectacular viewing angles. The screen turns blue or brown when you tilt it from side to side. Viewing it head on looks fine though. I love it though. $400 well spent :)

23. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

I can honestly say it's the best iPod I've ever had and quite possibly the best gadget I've ever had. Absolutely fantastic :D

24. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

Love it. Don't love the shiny back to it or the smudges or finger print marks... but as a device, 10/10

25. MargeSimpson macrumors member

another female here!
    my first and only iPod, and i am in looove!! BUT it has to be Jailbroken IMHO... otherwise its like buying a Ferrari and only driving it at 20mh...

but i have a better suggestion for you - forget the boyfriend, get one for yourself... :D