how hard is it to apply Invisible Shield or Bodyguardz?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by jrok18, Sep 29, 2008.

1. jrok18 macrumors regular

I suck at applying screen protectors so im afraid i wont be able to apply IS or BG. So how hard is it? Is it possible i can take it too apple and they will do it for me? Also what is better IS or BG? Or should i just purchase a
    Power Support Anti-Glare Film Set? Thanks

2. ChristopheJD macrumors regular

Well Zagg (Invisible Shield) didn't send me the complete package. They only sent me shields without solution or squeegee. Even still, I was able to apply the Invisible Shield by making my own solution (Dawn and water). It took me a while because I aligned the shields to the best of my ability, and I was too lazy to get the hairdryer out to make the sides of the shield stick. When I did get the hairdryer it took 5-10 minutes for the sides to stick properly. I had a couple of bumpy spots on the front of the iPod yesterday, but it looks great now! I did have trouble with the back though. I have 7 small bubbles that I could have gotten rid of but it's kinda late now. I do recommend the Invisible Shield itself, but the company has been unreliable in the fact that they did not send me the whole package. I hear BodyGuardz is decent, and plus, it comes with two in a set!

3. Goroke macrumors member

The front cover was very easy to apply, and I just one shot the back cover (literally) and now the only problem I have is the power button (slightly covering one part) and the sound control.

Make sure it's clean and squeeze everything possible (Make sure not to squeeze out anything else after the instructed time)!! I have two little specks on the front that bothered the hell out of me for couple of days.

4. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

I had mine done at a kiosk so it was painless. :cool:

5. mzd macrumors 6502a

the back is kind of a pain, given its curved design. i got BG because it is the smoothest and clearest. (others have more of a textured feel.) but, mine went on OK. and if you aren't happy with it, they send you two so you can try again if you screw it up.

6. jrok18 thread starter macrumors regular

i think ill just go with the Power Support Anti-Glare Film Set . I also ask if someone at apple can do it for me. It just seems like IS and BG is pain in the neck to do . O also does anyone know if they have a Power Support Anti-Glare Film Set for the 2g yet? Thanks

7. agentphish macrumors 65816

agentphish

I got BestSkinsEver.com skin for like 10 bucks for front and back and it was well worth it. I followed their installation instructions on the website, making my own water/soap solution with which to apply it, and it was super simple.

JUST TAKE YOUR TIME!!! That's the best advice I can give.

Also, It's a little more tacky feeling than the invisible shield I installed on my dad's ipod classic, but I like it more because of that. It adds some grippiness to the sides of the iPod Touch.

I will probably get a hard case eventually when something I like comes out from inCase or Contour Designs