How hard is it to get a student discount?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DashSatan, May 15, 2015.

1. DashSatan macrumors 6502

I'm three years out of college but I still have my college ID, though I do look considerably younger in it. Is Apple stringent with their student discounts? Is it difficult to get? I plan on getting the new 15" Macbook Pro Retina when it hits after WWDC and I'd love to knock off a couple hundred bucks of that price tag.

2. colonel179 macrumors member

I graduated 8 years algo, and I just ordered a Macbook Pro 13" with student discount, and it is on its way with UPS.

Just select the Education store, and you get $100 discount on a 15" Macbook Pro (plus any other discount you might have with a Code).

3. JTToft macrumors 68040

When I purchased mine online with student discount I was never asked to produce any sort of documentation.

4. z31fanatic macrumors 6502a

z31fanatic

When I bought my wife's rMBP from the Apple store, they had me login to my school email to see if I had a legit .edu email. Best Buy also requires you to login to your school email in order to get the education discount.

5. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

$100? I get £300 off! That's equivalent to $471. Seems you aren't getting a very good deal at all...

6. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

The education discounts are hardly worth it. I've been looking at a new MBA, and the ed discount is a whopping $50.

7. z31fanatic macrumors 6502a

z31fanatic

Yeah, they aren't much. For the $2500 15" rMBP it's only $200. And a lot less for the other models.

8. Psyfuzz macrumors 6502

Psyfuzz

I wish I was in a position to disregard 'only' $200 :(

9. SCOLANATOR macrumors 6502a

SCOLANATOR

I'm no longer a student but still get a really good 15% off plus three year warranty. Well worth it, saves me £300 before I've even factored in what the warranty might be worth.