How hard is this?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by GP1138, Mar 2, 2008.

1. GP1138 macrumors newbie

Just a quick question, seeing if this is worth doing.

I recently purchased one of the last nicer 15" Aluminum Powerbook G4's from eBay. Came pretty decently loaded, 1.5ghz, 1.25GB RAM, Superdrive... I'm pretty happy. :D The seller was a self-identified enthausiast, and he very nicely replaced the keyboard-marked screen (that was pictured in the ad (!) I was amazed) with a brand new unmarred one.

Problem is, he didn't replace the magnet in the screen before he reassembled the casing, and now my Powerbook does not sleep when I close it. Is this a huge bitch to remove and reinstall for one magnet? I've gotten used to just hitting the power button and choosing "sleep" when I want to close it, I could just continue doing that.

The seller refunded my shipping and graciously offered to pay to send it back to him, but I use the thing all the time (I work at a TV station here in Dayton, I'm using it to add to my demo reel and just keep my mind and fingers sharp, as well as endless web browsing and working on my ALMOST FINISHED album) and I can't bear to part with it. Pathetic, I know.

Is it worth the work to fix this?

2. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

get dockables, you can drop an icon on your dock that will sleep the unit with a simple click, i use it all the time cause i always sleep my system at night with the lid open since i use it for my alarm and it wont go off if the lid is closed

3. GP1138, Mar 2, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
  4. GP1138 thread starter macrumors newbie