How hard will it be to write apps?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Pathfinder55, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Pathfinder55 macrumors 6502

I am just wondering how hard it will be to make an app for the iPod touch. (that is if they give it out to everyone who wants it) Because I think it would be cool just to experiment and write some apps for it.

2. JAT macrumors 603

Maybe you should ask some of the people who have written the dozens of apps that already exist.

3. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

install Xcode and dashcode from install disk and try that, it probably won't be far off, just optimized foe the CPU. Speaking as a non developer that is.

4. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

I would imagine not any more difficult than writing a program on the computer.

If you don't know any programming languages, I would recommend learning one before fooling around with the iPhone/iPod touch. ;)

5. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

Not to mention Cocoa. Dashcode is pretty simple compared to writing a full blown app.

There may be some tutorials or something with the beta SDK kit tomorrow, so if you know an Apple Dev with a hook up you should ask.

6. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

If they make this relatively easy it would be cool to get into creating apps. With everyone having iPhones nowadays (or at least it seems that way) it would be pretty cool to be like, yeah, I made this.

7. ebel3003 macrumors 6502a

ebel3003

It's probably going to be on par with building Cocoa applications. It would be extremely cool if the SDK is similar to Dashcode, though.

8. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

looks like we were more or less right on this one.

9. orpheus1120 macrumors 65816

orpheus1120

It's easy enough to write the most basic apps, but take experience and knowledge to write good ones. It's sort of like designing a website.