How has Apple not fixed this?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Ryankontos, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Ryankontos macrumors member

Ryankontos

Since I got my Apple Watch for Christmas last year, I've noticed this little issue with the iMessage App. When I get removed from a group chat, the option to send a message back to the chat disappears on my iPhone, but not on my Apple Watch:

IMG_0073.PNG IMG_0074.PNG

And all I have to do is send a reply from my Apple Watch and I'm back in the chat. The options to reply reappears on all of my devices:

IMG_0075.PNG IMG_0076.PNG

This is a pretty serious issue right? How/why haven't they fixed it?

2. shenfrey macrumors 68000

3. Ryankontos thread starter macrumors member

Ryankontos

Okay, true. There are definitely worse issues. But imagine not being able to get rid of some REALLY annoying person from your group chat. Ugh.

What's the point of being able to to remove someone from a chat if they can add themselves back? (Given they have an Apple Watch.)

My main point was not that this a serious issue, it was that it amazes me how Apple has neglected this when they obviously took the time to implement removal properly into iOS and macOS. There is no reason not to remove the reply options. It's careless.

4. Recognition macrumors 6502

Recognition

Did you remove yourself or did someone else remove you?

5. Kyle76 macrumors regular

Kyle76

What I don't understand is how Apple can so easily allow chats that include non-Apple users on the watch, but we still can't access those chats on an iPad.

6. Ryankontos thread starter macrumors member

Ryankontos

I removed myself in that screenshot, but it works even if someone else removes me.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 28, 2017 ---
    Are you talking about SMS messages? (Green text bubbles)

Because if you have an iPhone you can enable a feature where you can send those messages from your iPad via your iPhone.

7. Kyle76 macrumors regular

Kyle76

You're right. News to me. I didn't think you could get group texts that included non-Apple users.

8. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

It's annoying if you don't want that specific person Involved in the conversation, which I can understand.