How has battery life been with JB?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by gregrose, Nov 11, 2010.

1. gregrose macrumors 6502

Hey everyone, I had my 3g broken back in the day, im thinking about re-JBing, just wondering if you notice a big difference in your battery since doing so.

Apps i'd use most, lockinfo, pdanet, t-lert, winterboard.

2. Jumpie macrumors 6502a

Jumpie

i can say this much...if you want to use bitesms, buy it. don't just use the ad supported version. if you keep ads, it drains battery and fast

3. MrThompsonR macrumors 6502

MrThompsonR

Better if you use SBSettings to turn off radios when not needed(3G, WiFi, Bluetooth...) I also turn off "Push" and set mail to check every 15 or 30 minutes. I use an app called ScreenDimmer that will dim the screen in as little as 20 seconds of non use... greatly improving battery life. Oh yeah and I turn down the screen brightness to about 50 - 70 percent. Just for insurance if you're away from a charger for prolonged periods of time... you can find backup battery cases on Amazon/ eBay for as low as $30! I have two! Most days I don't use them.

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

my I4 is great use it allot from 8 on 9pm I'm at 44% lots of threads about battery's and JB

5. JasonR macrumors 6502a

JasonR

Good to know!

6. Jumpie macrumors 6502a

Jumpie

I don't know why I waited so long. It's a great app. I was just being cheap for way too long. Battery usage has increased.

Also, I'd suggest turning off SSH until you need it.