How has the iPhone changed your life?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nykwil, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

I find being without an iPhone for a month has me experiencing withdrawal issues.

Daily I used to be able to do quick google searches for answers to dumb things that would pop into my head.
    Earlier today I saw website scrawled into the seat of the subway... instinctively i reached for my pocket only to be disappointed that my junk of a samsung flip phone was there.

Dont get me started about T9 texting :mad::mad:

How'd the hell did I live without this simple little device?

That said though, it IS just a phone. :eek:

5 days 5 hours to go...

2. DeuceDeuce macrumors 6502a

DeuceDeuce

Dde, I feel the same way. Its even worse that my whole fmaily has iPhones and I havent for the last month...

3. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

It changed my view of GSM for life. That's about it.

Back on CDMA, where I belong.

4. zeasar macrumors regular

zeasar

you guys should consider yourselves lucky, I have been waiting since last February for an iphone to replace my ipod + mobile phone + DS/psp combo... :(

5. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

6. Nykwil thread starter macrumors 65816

Nykwil

GSM coverage in NH that bad?

7. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

Maybe, maybe not. I have no other GSM network to compare against, but against CDMA (VZW) - in NH, MA and ME - yeah, not feeling the love.

8. KittyToy macrumors 6502

KittyToy

I'm a google fanatic on my iphone...i'ts funny how many times I have to actually pull out my phone just to prove someone wrong. like yesterday my mother and I was talking about nicholas cage and she said he was like 50, I knew he couldn't be that old so I whipped out my iphone and google him.....well he is 44.....I love my Original iphone...See no need for 3g!

9. Nykwil thread starter macrumors 65816

Nykwil

I wouldnt know im usually in the boston, cambridge allston area all the time i dont really go out of that area and coverage seems good to me. I think I went up to manchester once and my phone was struggling for reception.

10. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

I sold my phone a week ago, and haven't used any phone since. Only thing that sucks is that i haven't been able to text or call anyone... but it doesn't matter i'm at a family members house doing work.

11. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

When I was on vacation in Canada last July, I was checking MySpace on WiFi to find one of my "friends" saying in a bulletin: "Mike's not home! Pool party!" I came come to find 30 beer cans, a home-made bong, a bra, and other assorted things in my pool. $3,700 in damages. All was settled in court in November. I wouldn't have seen the bulletin if I didn't have my iPhone. Not really "life changing" but it's close to it.

12. newyorksole macrumors 68020

mrat93: WOW

Anyways, the iPhone has changed my life. I never thought I would be using email and the internet so much. Google Maps is a huge life saver and I always look forward to going to the city knowing that I have it all in my pocket. Music combined with a phone with great internet and loads of other things to come, I couldn't ask for more. Well I could ask for video recording, but I guess that's a long shot.

13. Rojo macrumors 65816

Rojo

I think this should definitely be Apple's next iPhone ad.

"And if didn't have my iPhone, I would never been able to take my so-called friend to court. Thanks iPhone!!" :D

14. Nykwil thread starter macrumors 65816

Nykwil

i find myself using the iphone to hit up yelp for quick restaurant reviews before going into a place blindly without knowing what to expect.

15. Whorehay macrumors 6502a

Whorehay

Like in the guided tours... the title of this thread should be:

"How has iPhone changed your life?"

iPhone is our friend, guys, not "just a phone."

16. michaelmaxwell2 macrumors regular

The iphone gave me the experience of being robbed for the first time.

17. timmciglobal macrumors member

The iPhone has made me stop buying a paper. It has made me use the web in every day shopping to check reviews/prices. It has made me think of my phone as an information source rather then just a communications device.

Tim

18. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

It hasn't changed my life at all. Damnit all, I'm calling Apple tomorrow to see if I can get a replacement.

19. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

I actually submitted it to Apple when they were looking for stories for their commercials. I never heard back.

20. ascham87 macrumors regular

ascham87

Ever since I've used Safari on an iPhone, all other mobile browsers feel like I've stepped back into 1996.

21. Hey Jude macrumors 6502a

Hey Jude

I wouldn't say "life changing" but my iPhone performed like a champ when I needed it while on vacation. My friend, who sings the praise for VZW, had to admit that the iPhone is a cool phone and VZW doesn't have anything to compare to it.

Back on topic: my phone bailed me out a lot over the past five days. I needed addresses, phone numbers, checking our email, restaurant reviews, online surfing (hotel charged a surcharge for Internet usage), etc. I gotta say that I am absolutely enjoying my phone and am plenty satisfied with this model, so like a previous poster, no 3G for me:D

Jude

22. davidlw macrumors 6502a

It will when I get the 3G iPhone and Mobile Me. For work it is a must have.

23. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

The beauty of mobile Safari, the awesome entertainment/connectivity/communication covergence factor, and the unparalled UI aside...

I've owned 5 Palms, 2 Clies, various pocket organizers, and even a Newton. I tried to keep a schedule using those devices, but always ended up resorting to paper because their input methods were never fast or accurate enough, and their sync capabilities limited.

Thanks to the iPhone, and its iCal integration, for the first time in my electronic life, my schedule is organized.

I think the iPhone has definitely done for phones what the iPod did for portable music. They're both game changers.

24. adamerr macrumors 6502a

adamerr

dare you to do it
    jsut to see what the response is :)