Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dudeman486

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2008
I see all of these horrible threads about people's batteries losing huge amounts of capacity after too few loadcycles, and it got me wondering.

What are the specs of your battery? Loadcycles & % capacity remaining.

You can either use system profiler or http://www.coconut-flavour.com/coconutbattery/ to find this out.

I don't know if I have some kind of super-battery that spits in the face of manufacturer specs, but I have 697 cycles with 100% of original capacity.

Hakkera

macrumors member
Feb 13, 2009
Hmmm... 6 Cycles, and apparently this thing is 123 months old... Beats me as to why; I've only had this for a few weeks! battery capacity is at 100% mind.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
I had a battery just die:

50 cycles, 3 months, 98% health.

Also have a spare which is also 50 cycles 3 month, but 100% health.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
Here's mine.

Attachments

• coconutBattery 2.6.3.jpg
    coconutBattery 2.6.3.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 47

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2008
4months 116cycles.
it came with 10cycles on it

brand new alu MB.

somethign must be wrong, i let it discharge the battery every friday night until sunday afternoon when i charge it up ready for work on mondays.

knarzie

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2008
12 months old, 92 cycles, 100%

people tell me different things about this so can someone clarify this for me??

I guess if you constantly charge, unplug, use up, charge etc the battery will have the shortest life cycle.... but should I take the battery out when I have it plugged in all day?

I don't have a desktop and people keep telling me that it is bad for the battery to leave it in when I have the power plugged in all day.

Zyniker

macrumors 6502
Feb 14, 2008
I have three batteries for my MacBook. One of them died on me (defective) and was immediately replaced by the manager of my local Apple Store. The other two are still going strong and the replaced one (which I'm pretty sure I'm using right now) is at:

91 load cycles
100%

Current Battery Capacity: 5250 mAh
Original Battery Capacity: 5020 mAh
:rolleyes:

Dudeman486

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2008
people tell me different things about this so can someone clarify this for me??

I guess if you constantly charge, unplug, use up, charge etc the battery will have the shortest life cycle.... but should I take the battery out when I have it plugged in all day?

I don't have a desktop and people keep telling me that it is bad for the battery to leave it in when I have the power plugged in all day.

well, don't leave it plugged in constantly. if you do that, then the battery itself will hold less of a charge since it is used almost never. keeping it plugged in for awhile is fine, but make sure you still use your computer without a charger too. and discharging completely and then recharging up once a month is advisable as well.

cathyy

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2008
I've got a Macbook Pro, less than 100 cycles, and my battery is at less than 60% capacity. :(

The Samurai

macrumors 68020
Dec 29, 2007
Glasgow
Here's mines, I am actually quite surprised how good my little beast actually works.

p.s. mines is low on battery due to me just getting home and using my macbook for a good few hours.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    29.5 KB · Views: 73
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.