How have been Games' performance on iOS 5 B7?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ParagJain, Sep 1, 2011.

1. ParagJain macrumors 6502

I have found that F1-2010 is really struggling on the new beta.
    How about other memory and graphics intensive games that you might have, are they working good ?

2. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

I'm going to run Infinity Blade, Real Racing 2, and Dead Space on my iPhone 4 running B7 and see how they go. Never had games issues on previous, recent betas though.

3. ParagJain thread starter macrumors 6502

Notifiation center is also struggling, tried hard reset and re-start, its not smooth... :-\

4. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

No UI issues on beta 7 for me, everything in the UI kit is smooth as can be. Swiping screens, swiping down notification centre, opening multitasking tray with full page of apps, opening full folders, everything is smooth.

I never do OTA updates, I prefer to get the ipsw file and do a DFU restore, but I don't know how you upgraded.

5. ParagJain thread starter macrumors 6502

Looks like i need to do the same then, need to do a full restore and not OTA.
    will do that on the weekend and lets hope its better ...

6. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

The question I have is whether Apple will continue to allow users to download the full ipsw files via iTunes when iOS 5 goes public, or will ipsw files be done away with in favour of OTA delta updates?

I presume the public release will act as normal when you sync with iTunes and click "Update" or "Restore".

7. jman240 macrumors 6502a

Both methods should still exist. How else would you restore if / when you need to?

8. ParagJain thread starter macrumors 6502

Just an update on this;

Looks like the Calendar, especially the birthday calender is causing performance issues on the Notification Center. The display is very jerky and kinda non-responsive.

Is this observed with anyone else as well ??

Did a full restore and still the same. removing the calendar from notification center, everything runs very smooth.

Games are all good, just had to re-download and install F1-2010.

Using iP4.