iPad mini how have you been typing with the mini?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sjn419, Nov 2, 2012.

1. sjn419 macrumors regular

thumbs or hunt and peck? also compare to how you typed on the original iPad. (I never really used one so idk)

2. bogatyr macrumors 65816

Thumbs is easier than on the full size but I prefer to lay it out and type like normal. I don't make too many mistakes and I never look at the keypad anymore. I do find the slight difference in size has increased my error rate but I assume that'll fade over time.

3. iEvolution macrumors 65816

keyboard layouts are terrible on the iPad in general, you are left with either a fat oversized keyboard or a split too small keyboard. I was hoping some options would be introduced with iOS 6 but I guess not. Everyone's fingers are different and preferences are different I don't understand why Apple continues to leave us with only two layouts.

4. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

Portrait and thumbs. I'm pretty fast with the mini now. Probably fast enough to take notes during a lecture.

5. RichyB macrumors regular

Thumbs and it as quick as any tablet or phone I've used.

6. MartyCan macrumors 65816

MartyCan

7. sjn419 thread starter macrumors regular

Thats my goal, to use it during lecture, so thats awesome to hear but you just made me think about how usable a stylus would be with the mini's smaller screen. What do you guys think?