How high your credit score needs to be to preorder 3G S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fox777, Jun 17, 2009.

1. fox777 macrumors regular

fox777

Hi guys. I currently have an Iphone 3G on ATT. Had it for about 7 months. I just now tried to pre-order it online as new Individual line (i do not want to add a line and convert it to family plan) and it told me that my credit score wasnt high enough !! WTH ? My score is about 688 and since i didnt have credit score at all when i opened my current line I paid $500 as deposit.. So now they still have my $500 deposit and do not let me open new line.. That's kinda retarded..

So my q is: 1. If your credit score is below 700 or so, how low is it exactly and did you have to pay deposit. 2. Have you successfully pre-ordered 3G S online without adding new line to convert it in family plan?

2. veritech137 macrumors newbie

Have you been current with your bill payment? If so, go in store and try to order. It's always better to deal with it with another human being. When i went it, i don't even remember them taking down any info even related to a credit check. I say try in store.

3. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

There's a lot more to credit than just a score... The length you've had credit established, open balances vs maxed out, etc...

You probably don't have enough "credit" to get out of a deposit.