How hot are you ?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by supercooled, Mar 13, 2008.

1. supercooled macrumors 6502a

Narcissists need not apply. After adding two Samsung F1s (750GB), my temperature has shot up 5 degrees. I usually run around 30c but now it's 35/37celcius.

I also have two AAKS 500GB in the other bays but I've ran 4 (AAKS's) since I bought it but the Samsungs really surprised me. Oddly enough, iStat reports the WDC hotter than the Samsungs.

EDIT: sorry if there is fuzzy logic there. I had previously ran 4 WDC AAKS which iStat reports as running hotter than the Samsung so I don't understand how replacing two WDC with cooler Sammy's could yeild higher temps. I will however retract my previous posting as it seems the temp are back to 30s after idling a bit. So temps are more or less kosher.

2. big_malk macrumors 6502a

I'v recently added another two Samsung 500GBs, thats now three Samsungs and a Western digital. I can't remember my average temp before, but the fans seems to be running faster now (louder) and my temp at the moment is 47ºC :(

3. supercooled thread starter macrumors 6502a

What numbers are the fans at? I'm trying to think off the top of my head but I think mine are 599rpm for the CPU and 800rpm for the harddrive; again, more or less the same before the Samsungs. Also apply the new ATI graphics update which seems to have deadened the noise.

4. Tracer macrumors 6502

5. big_malk macrumors 6502a

CPU: 499
    PCIe / HDD: 499
    Rear Fan: 599
    Power: 599

Temp: 47ºC

I blew out a lot of the dust today so its running a bit quieter than usual, but I seem to have an extreme dust problem here, it gets clogged up enough to make a difference in under a week!!

6. krye macrumors 68000

krye

So hot, I can't touch myself. Ow! Watch me! Umph!

7. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

totally randy baby...

8. GotPro macrumors 6502

I'm currently encoding a video in handbrake from one superdrive, ripping a dvd simultaneously from the lower superdrive in XP via VMWARE, and have safari and mail open:

Pretty good load on the system...

My temps and fan speeds (manually adjusted) are attached!

Attached Files: