How hot are you ?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by supercooled, Mar 13, 2008.

1. supercooled macrumors 6502a

Sep 6, 2007
    Narcissists need not apply. After adding two Samsung F1s (750GB), my temperature has shot up 5 degrees. I usually run around 30c but now it's 35/37celcius.

I also have two AAKS 500GB in the other bays but I've ran 4 (AAKS's) since I bought it but the Samsungs really surprised me. Oddly enough, iStat reports the WDC hotter than the Samsungs.

EDIT: sorry if there is fuzzy logic there. I had previously ran 4 WDC AAKS which iStat reports as running hotter than the Samsung so I don't understand how replacing two WDC with cooler Sammy's could yeild higher temps. I will however retract my previous posting as it seems the temp are back to 30s after idling a bit. So temps are more or less kosher.
  2. big_malk macrumors 6502a

Aug 7, 2005
    I'v recently added another two Samsung 500GBs, thats now three Samsungs and a Western digital. I can't remember my average temp before, but the fans seems to be running faster now (louder) and my temp at the moment is 47ºC :(
  3. supercooled thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sep 6, 2007
    What numbers are the fans at? I'm trying to think off the top of my head but I think mine are 599rpm for the CPU and 800rpm for the harddrive; again, more or less the same before the Samsungs. Also apply the new ATI graphics update which seems to have deadened the noise.
  4. Tracer macrumors 6502

Jun 20, 2007
  5. big_malk macrumors 6502a

Aug 7, 2005
    CPU: 499
    PCIe / HDD: 499
    Rear Fan: 599
    Power: 599

Temp: 47ºC

I blew out a lot of the dust today so its running a bit quieter than usual, but I seem to have an extreme dust problem here, it gets clogged up enough to make a difference in under a week!!
  6. krye macrumors 68000

Aug 21, 2007
    So hot, I can't touch myself. Ow! Watch me! Umph!
  7. princealfie macrumors 68030

Mar 7, 2006
    Salt Lake City UT
    totally randy baby...
  8. GotPro macrumors 6502

Jan 29, 2007
    I'm currently encoding a video in handbrake from one superdrive, ripping a dvd simultaneously from the lower superdrive in XP via VMWARE, and have safari and mail open:

Pretty good load on the system...

My temps and fan speeds (manually adjusted) are attached!

Attached Files: