How hot is too hot???

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sta-cy, Mar 6, 2009.

1. sta-cy macrumors newbie

Hi all!
    Sometimes i think my mac book pro will catch fire soon. just downloaded this program, temperature monitor and found that the highest temperature of the CPU was up to 79 degrees celsius. how hot is too hot, when is it getting risky, what can happen and what can i do to prevent these high high temperatures. ha, sorry for the funny question, but i am really not a very computer litterate person :confused:

thanks in advance!
    sta-cy

2. windels macrumors regular

windels

you could download smcFanControl, its free and it lets you control the fan speeds. also, if you use it on your lap or something like that, know than that it is normal that it heats up pretty quick. I think I've read somewhere here , about people going over a 100 c° while maxing out their laptop so don't worry about your 79.

,Sam

3. J.Genius macrumors newbie

79C is high, smcfan control as stated above will reduce this temperatures greatly because of apples terrible thermal management system

they promise there going to fix it though.

4. windels macrumors regular

windels

yea it is high, but I meant that she shouldn't be worried that it would damage here CPU

5. J.Genius macrumors newbie

your definitly right there...i have had cpu's hit 105C :p

they hate it though

6. allanibanez macrumors regular

I've had 112 degress whilst rendering video, so i installed smc. Works like a charm.

7. sta-cy thread starter macrumors newbie

thaaaaaaaanks, guys! downloades the rogram, so hopefully the lovely mac of mine will not get high fever again too soon! greta weekend to you all!