How hot is your Macbook Pro 2007?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by barnettgs, Nov 14, 2013.

1. barnettgs macrumors member

I was doing a major clean-up on my Macbook Pro and while it does feel running cool and underneath is no longer hot but I wasn't sure if it is normal as the underneath is meant to be hot after running a benchmark, just warm.

While running Geekbench, the CPU temperature goes up to 95 C and hovering between 92-95 C with the fans running at full speed. I am curious to know if that is normal and how it compares to others' 2007 Macbook Pros?

However, when iding, with Firefox tabs on, it is around 48 C with 1700-1800rpm.

2. Doward macrumors 6502a

That sounds normal. Temperatures should not exceed 95C when running all-out ;)

3. barnettgs thread starter macrumors member

Ok when it is all out running geekbench, CPU Die and CPU Proximity showing around 28 C difference, e.g. 95 C and 67 C, is the difference too big?

Anyhow I was reading your thread earlier and I have to agree with you. I will post in your thread later about my MBP's heatsink and also my thoughts.

4. Doward macrumors 6502a

Don't worry about the proximity difference - the biggest issue is the CPU temperature.

That said, a lapping and repaste would certainly help you out - but it is not required.

5. barnettgs thread starter macrumors member

Thank you.

When I was doing the re-paste, out of the 3 heatsinks - a CPU one has a slight dent on it, as if it was caused by excessive heat or something. I have just posted on your other thread of heatsink problems so you will read about it.

6. Doward macrumors 6502a