• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

Serban

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 8, 2013
How i can find on my iMac or macbook if i have LG or Samsung panel?
i try this in terminal but nothing happens..
ioreg -lw0 | grep \"EDID\" | sed "/[^<]*</s///" | xxd -p -r | strings -6

so any other way?

alksion

macrumors 68000
Sep 10, 2010
Orange County CA
How i can find on my iMac or macbook if i have LG or Samsung panel?
i try this in terminal but nothing happens..

so any other way?

This is what I found in a archived thread:

For non Retina Mac`a
ioreg -lw0 | grep IODisplayEDID | sed "/[^<]*</s///" | xxd -p -r | strings -6

For Retina Mac`s

Neither work for me as of now.

Comment

Serban

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 8, 2013
yea not for me...what is happening? i tried on my haswell 27" imac and on my haswell 15" 15" MBP...with maveriks those command are no longer available?

Comment

alksion

macrumors 68000
Sep 10, 2010
Orange County CA
yea not for me...what is happening? i tried on my haswell 27" imac and on my haswell 15" 15" MBP...with maveriks those command are no longer available?

It's definitely possible. I don't know why though. This question would be better suited for a developer.

My guess is that it has something to do with Mavericks and the way it was written. It probably needs a new command.

Comment

richard13

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2008
Sautee Nacoochee, GA
It's definitely possible. I don't know why though. This question would be better suited for a developer.

My guess is that it has something to do with Mavericks and the way it was written. It probably needs a new command.

From what I can tell, these commands are doing what you ask. But the problem is that the data the commands are being asked to process has changed. The question is if the relevant data is still there and where it has been moved to. I'll do some poking around but no promises. This is really suited for a much bigger Apple geek than me.

Comment

washburn

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2010

It seems mavericks doesn't come with Xcode developer commands, I tried the same command to find out the display on a new Air and it asked if I wanted to download the command tools

Comment

Serban

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 8, 2013
yes and i downloaded no problem..but after this still no info shown

Comment

alksion

macrumors 68000
Sep 10, 2010
Orange County CA
It seems mavericks doesn't come with Xcode developer commands, I tried the same command to find out the display on a new Air and it asked if I wanted to download the command tools

I did download the command tools, but it still did not work to no avail.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.