How I display my Myfaves. Alternatives?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jmann, Oct 14, 2008.

1. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    This is a background I made and how I handle my myfaves on my iPhone. Do you like it, and has anyone else found or made an alternative way?
    [​IMG]

2. Metsfan7450 macrumors regular

Metsfan7450

I love it, but I have no idea how you did it.

Is this option only available for jailbroken phones, or is this an app in the app store....I couldn't locate "myfaves" anywhere in the app store.

3. jmann thread starter macrumors 604

jmann

It's super easy. Wanna know what I did? I made a black background, like you see in the picture, and i used a myfaves logo and changed the background to black, and then added that pink line. And i used this website that made little speed dial icons to call people. And yes this will work on a non jailbroken phone, but the dock won't be invisible like it is in mine. It looks better with no dock. The best part is that since it is the dock it is always accessible at the bottom, even if i change to the next app page.

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

The idea is great and I would LOVE to know what website you're talking about here. You've added a great feature to your phone by doing this.

That said, I'm not clear why you'd go to the trouble to add the 'My Favs' logo. The thing I like most about the iPhone is that it's NOT cluttered up with silly ads from the carrier. This seems like a step backwards to me.

5. jmann thread starter macrumors 604

jmann

I like that it says that, but that is all personal preference, and i will most likely get sick of it, and change the background eventually. But until then that is how i am keeping it. :D and the website that you can do that is here just go there on your iphone and it does it for you. I just cropped square shaped pics of my faves and then photobucketed them and put the url in the respective box, and it makes the nice icons for you. Or you can use the call me app in cydia. But the icons that program makes aren't as nice.

6. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Thanks!