How i fixed my 4.3.1 Battery Drain issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shasoosh, Apr 15, 2011.

1. shasoosh macrumors member

Hello everyone,

I got a 16 gig Iphone 4, never had any problems with it on 4.1 but Like many others i upgraded from 4.1 to 4.3.1 and faced some serious battery draining issues. Over night I'd loose between 5%-18% of battery life and in the day time my phone in most cases wouldn't survive until lunch.

Yesterday i did a full restore to my Iphone but DIDN'T restored from backup
    (like i did in my previous restore). So yes, now i got a jailbroken phone with no sms archive, no pics and no contacts but over the night my phone didn't lost a single % of battery, it was on 69% at 23:30 last night and stayed the same at 07:00 the following morning.

Wifi was the only thing off, email etc' by push, location on

I can really feel that there's a real improvement and i can finally play a game without seeing the battery draining in front of my eyes..

So basically what I'm saying is that the "restore from backup" was what caused all the problems on my device.

I hope it helps.. And if you are going the same road I'd suggest doing a full backup to your phone and after a full restore (NOT "restore from backup) copy your pics etc' manually

Shasoosh

2. entraik Suspended

this is true...listen to this man. I had scanlines on my phone and battery issues....i set my phone as new upon factory restory..no backup...and now the scanlines (horziontal thin ones on my screen) are gone and my battery lasts me all day with no prob.

3. shasoosh thread starter macrumors member

Btw, the tests i mentioned above were with Ping ON. I've read around the forum that it might help turning it off so i did it right now along with itunes (I don't use both), might give me a few extra mins of battery usage. :)

4. yennta macrumors newbie

Didn't work for me...

That was the first thing I tried. No backup.
    Aside from all the problems of having to reset up all my apps, the battery drainage didn't improve. But 4.3.2 may be working! Fingers crossed.

5. redbeard331 macrumors 6502a

redbeard331

I couldn't take the horrid battery life on 4.3.1 anymore and tried doing what you said, lost all my info and settings, but I figured it would be worth it, and it didn't help a bit. 4.3.1 is the buggiest pile of crap Apple has put out, I really hope there's a lot of improvements to 4.3.2 that Apple isn't mentioning. I've tried everything that has been said to help, nothing has worked, I'm about to downgrade to 4.2.1, hell I can't even tell Safari is any faster on 4.3, if anything it seems even slower, Apple really screwed this one up.:mad:

6. shasoosh thread starter macrumors member

I'm sorry to hear that.
    please update us if 4.2.1 solved your issues.

7. fabian9 macrumors 65816

fabian9

Works fine for me, no battery drain issues at all!

8. redbeard331 macrumors 6502a

redbeard331

I wonder why this is, I've tried restoring from a backup and restoring as new, disabling Ping, no matter what I've tried my battery life has been cut in half by 4.3.1, and I've always had great battery life on my phone...

What I want to know is if 4.3.2 fixed this issue for anyone?

9. synagence macrumors 6502a

4.3.2 has been night and day revolution for me personally

iPhone now is back to around 1% per hour discharge rate on standby where before it was up to around 3-5% per hour

I'd say its a no-brainer to update if you're in a position to

10. chestvrg macrumors 65816

chestvrg

I have also noticed a faster battery drainage when I upgraded to 4.3.2 from 4.2.1 only b/c I had to get my iPhone4 factory unlocked using the itunes registration method (paid $174),...

but I regret the moment that in the process I had to update to 4.3.2 now reading back other forums I noticed that the SAM utility had an option to de-authorize and I could have done that, (dumb me) so I could have avoided having to update to 4.3.2 (sucks update Apple F-, F-, F-) :(

11. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921