How I got a Sawtooth G4 for free

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Jethryn Freyman, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Jethryn Freyman macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

Yeah :)

OK, not really any help to you guys, but I now got a 400MHz PMG4 [Sawtooth I'm guessing] for free. Method: Get drunk, walk through a park, see an Apple logo in the bushes, and discover it's a G4 tower.

No hard disk or optical drive... but specs list a 400MHz G4 CPU, 64MB memory, 20GB hard disk, there's 4 memory slots, 3 filled, an ATI Rage graphics card... haven't had an in-depth look at the thing yet but I'm going to say it's a stock G4 with a memory upgrade and the original CPU, the case itself it wet and covered in leaves and has a few cracks, it was probably thrown into the ditch from a distance, but all the Foxconn connectors, even Airport connector antenna, are still there.

Didn't open up at first, as the plastic casing was bent, but i wiggled the kengisngton slot around now it opens and closes just fine. Not sure what to do with it yet other than clean it up, and if nothing else, I'm renovating a room at my place and it'll make a decent Quake Deathmatch machine.

<3

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Sigh. I'm still waiting for my free Macs to spring out of the bushes, dumpsters and trash cans around me. Never seems to happen though. I always end up reading about this happening to some other guy on some internet forum. :D

Congratulations. Great find and the price was right!

3. Lil Chillbil macrumors 65816

Lil Chillbil

That was actually my first internet accessible mac. Still can't belive that its almost been a whole year since that was my main machine :rolleyes:

4. skateny macrumors 6502

skateny

If you hadn't been drinking, you would have noticed the new-in-box iMac G4 sitting behind that big oak tree or the new-in-box TAM partially covered in a shallow grave.:eek:

5. ihuman:D macrumors 6502a

Or that Powerbook G5 that fell off that truck going down the road.

6. Jethryn Freyman thread starter macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

aww :(

BRB liquor store.