How I got my iPhone 6+ for free

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mademan118, Sep 21, 2014.

1. mademan118 macrumors regular

Well it won't be free after tomorrow, but as of right now I've oaid nothing as the Apple Store employee messed up and never charged me.

I ordered 2 iP6+ at Apple.com for store pick up today. Everything went well. Got to the store this morning and got our phones brought to us. Where the problem went wrong was the Apple employee activated the wrong line with the wrong order number. We had order 1 (X) and order 2 (y) and phone 1 (Xp) and phone 2 (Yp). He sold order X phone Yp and order Y phone Xp. The problem was after doing the first one, the second one wouldn't proceed. He thought it was the SIM card. He opened the phone and took it to the ATT rep. Spent about 40 minutes figuring this out (the SIM card issue) before they just gave me a new sim. Once the new sim went in, the phone worked. He said here you go have a nice day, completely forgetting that he never did the transaction.

The whole time I'm telling him he messed up the orders and that's what's wrong. He wouldn't listen to me. Went his route and ended up giving away a 64gb iPhone 6+.

How did I find out? Got home and set up my email on my new phone. Went looking for the receipts in email to print out and only had 1. Had a Genius Bar appointment 1 hour later to replace my ip5. Shows up at appointment and asked a manager about the order and after 20 minutes she came back and said that I was indeed given a phone for free. Nothing else LOL. It's like she was waiting for me to say what I was going to do going forward. I told her I was coming back into town tomorrow to return something and will go to the original Apple Store to fix this.

CRAZY! Btw this iPhone 6 + is fricken amazing.

2. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

same thing happened to me in 2012 with my 5. been 2 year still haven't been charged lol.

3. mgb1120 macrumors 6502

On apple.com last year I had 2 iPhone 5S sent to me one for the amount I paid and placed, same day another one for $0.00 out of no where showed up shipped the same day. did the right thing and called when I got the two and they never knew anything about it.... Eventually the would have figured it out.

4. mademan118 thread starter macrumors regular

My significant other isn't as willing to as forthcoming as I am when it comes to things like this. It is somewhat funny as I have interviewed for Apple 8 times over the past 4 years along with being a Former Apple employee that left on good terms.

I just believe that if you have a set of morals and ethics that you choose to live by, the only person holding you accountable for living by them is yourself. I am not any better than anyone else around here, but as I get older, doing the right things always feels like the best thing to do regardless of the consequences.

5. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

I have seen enough posts here to think otherwise. Good on you.

6. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

What comes around goes around. Doing what's right is always the way to go.

:apple:

7. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

This is what's wrong with society. My personal integrity is priceless. It can't be bought with a $649 phone. Apparently, this isn't true for everyone else. Some people are just that cheap.

----------

This is rare these days. Sad but true. I would have done the same thing you did. It's up to each individual to be accountable. Always do the right thing, regardless of how it is perceived by others.

8. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

I agree!. It's always important to do the right thing. Send me the phone and I'll take care of it with apple. Helping people is part of my integrity too ;-).