How I got my rebate from Amazon

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by RuggerDoc, Jan 16, 2008.

1. RuggerDoc macrumors newbie

I bought an 8 gig iPod Touch from Amazon for $276.99 on Jan 8th (received it Jan 14th). Needless to say, I was disappointed not having the latest and greatest <24 hours after I opened it. I didn't qualify for the Apple $20 rebate since I purchased it from Amazon.

Amazon dropped the price of the 8 gig Touch to $258.99 on the models in stock (without the new Apps). So I called Amazon (actually they call you) (Customer Service Link). I asked the guy if I could be refunded the difference... less than 3 minutes later I have my $18, no problem.

Win-win situation, I got my Touch for a cheaper price than from Apple and I'm enjoying the new Apps.

I hope this helps those who recently bought the Touch from Amazon.

One more thing... I absolutely love my Touch!

2. bodhammer macrumors member

BTW - I bought a 16GB from Amazon this afternoon. This evening sometime Amazon added the following statement in the "Technical Details" section of the page:

"Does not ship with the latest announced new software applications for the Touch. Software upgrades are available via iTunes for $20"

This was about 1 hour after I received the email from Amazon stating that they could not tell me what version they were shipping.

I pretty much decided that if I got a 1.1.3 I would try it as is and be happy. If I got a 1.1.2 I would jailbrake it. We will see what I actually receive on Friday. $20 is not the end of the world, just annoying... I may go to the Apple store with my receipt this weekend and see what they say.