How i Jailbroke my Iphone 3.1.3 for the first time.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by fedhell, Apr 11, 2010.

1. fedhell macrumors newbie

I figured that i would post this thread, as i had decided to jailbreak my iphone that was at 3.1.3, even tho everybody said it couldent be done. Please note that i did not try and unlock the phone as i am already on the carrier that i want to be with.

So it was simple, ill post it below in guide format, but your going to need to fill in the blanks.

1: Use redsn0w to create a jailbroken 3.1.3 restore.
    2: launch iH8sn0w and follow its instructions
    3: use itunes to do the restore

So basically what happens here is that itunes wont let you do the restore, but iH8sn0w overrides itunes restore errors. My phone has been working flawless now jailbroken for the first time. I cant speak about unlocking but its already jailbroken so it cannot be too hard.

Thanks,

-William

2. ste1164 macrumors 6502a

ste1164

3. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

4. ste1164 macrumors 6502a

ste1164

5. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

There is so much wrong with this post I don't know where to begin. I wish people who have no idea what they are talking about would stop posting about their miraculous 3.1.3 jailbreak procedures, giving those who truly are stuck at 3.1.3.

The three biggest problems with your post are:

1) You clearly do not have an iPhone 3GS, which is the device people say cannot be jailbroken once updated to 3.1.3. It is well known that an iPhone 3G can be jailbroken on 3.1.3.

2) Redsn0w does not create custom firmware files. Perhaps you are thinking of PwnageTool?

3) iH8sn0w is the name of a developer, not an application. Perhaps you are thinking of iREB?

6. fedhell thread starter macrumors newbie

I am using an iphone 3g, i apologize, after reading i thought that the 3g could not be upgraded. I guess i was wrong.

Sorry guys,