how I scored an iPhone 4 via the Apple Online Store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPadThai, Jun 15, 2010.

1. iPadThai macrumors 6502a

I gave up - spent 10 hours!!! NO JOKE. Could not order one damn iPhone 4.

I tried just about one hour ago - and voila, it worked!!

I opened up 3 browsers - 2 safari and 1 firefox. YMMV. I jammed them until I got thru!! But when it showed me my actual cart, it had (2) iPhone's in the cart. I removed one, and now I have an iPhone 4 on June 24th!!

Whatever you guys try, don't give up. I'd use 4 windows if I could fit them all on my screen!

But whatever, it worked for me and this was repeated until I got through. I spent 10 hours and didn't get thru but using this desperate attempt, it worked!

2. historyteacher macrumors member

I did something similar. Only safari though, but after 40 or so tries I actually got one ordered. Don't give up!

3. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Yeah, you are a real magician.:rolleyes: Look, despite all the voodoo tricks it was all just random. Most people spent 10 hours trying to order. You are not unique. If you were able to order first time out that would be special. Did you really need to make a separate thread. There are a few order threads here already. Just a few.

4. iPadThai thread starter macrumors 6502a

dude if you don't like it, don't bother responding. YOu sound like a dude who missed the bus and is complaining metro sucks.

5. bigbrowntruck macrumors member

This is why the servers were overloaded today. You weren't the only one with 3 browsers opened and jamming them until they got through. Its a catch 22. You can't get through, so you try harder to get through making the server work harder and you have a harder time getting through. Glad you finally got through. I am guessing enough people got their orders through or gave up relieving the servers somewhat. ATT premier worked 1st try early am if people still aren't getting through on apple website.

6. thewireman macrumors regular

thewireman

Worked for me. :) Thanks for pointing that out. Now I can't wait for it to come!