Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chocolatemilty

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 17, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Well, I just called up my local Best Buy. They're giving the same $125 trade in for my mother's iPhone 4 as they are for my iPhone 4S. So, my mother is completely on board with copping my 4S with iOS 8 and me trading in her old 4. So, with that $125 Instant trade-in best buy gift card, we can also add in the $50 instant gift card from the Best Buy upgrade promotion I signed up for in February. Then, add two personal gift cards from me ($30 from $50 gift card i got when Wells Fargo messed up my account and an incoming $100 gift card from Wells Fargo Credit Card rewards.) That comes to a grand total for an iPhone 6 64GB Silver/White AT&T for $53.92 with California tax.

I must say, I can't complain about that. I get my iPhone 6 I've coveted since the announcement and my mother gets an updated phone for free and get to keep her upgrade (I just replaced the broken backplate and dropped a new battery in it, and it got close to 8.5 hours of use yesterday, so she'll be good at work at the desk and her classroom. Also giving her one of my battery packs so she'll be good to go!).

If you guys can utilize the trade in from the stores, carriers or online websites and can get rewards from credit cards and the like, use it to your advantage, guys!

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA
Well, I just called up my local Best Buy. They're giving the same $125 trade in for my mother's iPhone 4 as they are for my iPhone 4S. So, my mother is completely on board with copping my 4S with iOS 8 and me trading in her old 4. So, with that $125 Instant trade-in best buy gift card, we can also add in the $50 instant gift card from the Best Buy upgrade promotion I signed up for in February. Then, add two personal gift cards from me ($30 from $50 gift card i got when Wells Fargo messed up my account and an incoming $100 gift card from Wells Fargo Credit Card rewards.) That comes to a grand total for an iPhone 6 64GB Silver/White AT&T for $53.92 with California tax.

I must say, I can't complain about that. I get my iPhone 6 I've coveted since the announcement and my mother gets an updated phone for free and get to keep her upgrade (I just replaced the broken backplate and dropped a new battery in it, and it got close to 8.5 hours of use yesterday, so she'll be good at work at the desk and her classroom. Also giving her one of my battery packs so she'll be good to go!).

If you guys can utilize the trade in from the stores, carriers or online websites and can get rewards from credit cards and the like, use it to your advantage, guys!

Similar way a friend got his 6. For one year, he threw-in his coins into a drawer, one year later, he got the funds for an iPhone 6 64GB. He's working the same for a 6S.

Chocolatemilty

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 17, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Similar way a friend got his 6. For one year, he threw-in his coins into a drawer, one year later, he got the funds for an iPhone 6 64GB. He's working the same for a 6S.

That's incredibly smart. If I used more cash, that would be right up my alley. I bet he's happy to use those funds and not his wages or anything...

----------

AT&T is offering $200 for a iPhone 4

The problem with AT&T's offer is that it's only for an AT&T promotion gift card. And, it can't be used towards the purchase of the iPhone, which is both incredibly evil and incredibly smart on their end.

Gmcube

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2009
The problem with AT&T's offer is that it's only for an AT&T promotion gift card. And, it can't be used towards the purchase of the iPhone, which is both incredibly evil and incredibly smart on their end.
You cant? Well that sucks...

But you can use it to pay your bill, so in a way it is still going toward the phone. If your on contract that is. Its still the deal to beat as far as I can tell.

eldo33

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2010
That's incredibly smart. If I used more cash, that would be right up my alley. I bet he's happy to use those funds and not his wages or anything...

----------

if u cant use it for the phone then use it to pay the montly bill. its not like u dcant use it.

Chocolatemilty

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 17, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
You cant? Well that sucks...

But you can use it to pay your bill, so in a way it is still going toward the phone. If your on contract that is. Its still the deal to beat as far as I can tell.

Well, I way I see it, it means I'll either have to use $130 of gift cards bringing my due at sale to be $228.92 and have about 4 months of "free" AT&T service, or I can have a due at sale of $53.92 and continue to pay share at $45. Would you guys take more up front and have a small bill holiday, or less upfront and continue to pay your bill? I'm leaning on the latter versus the former, but I figure it's a better to have two options than none.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.