How in the world do I recreate this scene???

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Fatal1ty, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Fatal1ty macrumors newbie

:confused::confused:

This has bothered me since this music video first came out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kyWDhB_QeI

Is there anyway to recreate some of the elements from this music video with software and I'm guessing some camera finessing and not a huge video editing nightmare???

Basically just the limo tint reflection at ~0:45 and the same mirror thing at ~2:00.

2. HighSeasCaptain macrumors member

You would first have to shoot someone matching the perspective, probably from a low angle since Kanye is looking down and the camera is at a high angle. Then you would have to take that image and track it onto the windshield with a compositing program and composite it in. Then with some color grading make it look like it was a tinted window reflection.

For the bathroom scene, Kanye's performance is prerecorded with a shot locked off by a tripod. Then they do it up against a huge green screen with tracking markers, and the cameraman watches a monitor of Kanye's performance, backs up when Kanye does, then when Kanye's hands come up Kanye is behind the cameraman matching the action (he would also be watching the monitor). It would probably take several takes to get this right. Then once in post, using the tracking markers, the Kanye's performance is composited in over the green screen and the shaky camera movement from the shot with just the green screen gets applied to that image so they match.

I'm no compositing expert, though. And there are probably several other ways this could be done.