How in the world do you put your iPhone in a naked case without dust?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by docprego, Sep 18, 2008.

1. docprego macrumors 65816

I bought a naked case to try out at Best Buy the other day. It looks just like many other similar naked cases I have seen but is made by Rocketfish. It is a really nice case and I want to try it out but I can't install my iPhone in it without dust getting trapped between the screen of the phone and the touch through membrane of the case. I wiped the phone and the interior of the case down with a microfiber cloth carefully, even used compressed air, all to no avail-dust is always there.

What is the secret to installing your phone in one of these?

2. reliantj macrumors 6502

don't buy those types of cases.
    get one with an open face and
    bezel coverings.
    put on a Zagg or Bodyguardz,
    front.

go return that rocketfish, that's
    our product, not that it's bad
    but i'd only buy rocketfish
    because we get a huge
    discount on them.
    like a $90 HDMI cable for literally
    $6.

3. kheovnien macrumors member

that's because all hdmi cables r alike. :) it's not like composite/s-video/component cables. anyways, people that put on skins usually install them in the bathroom with the hot water running to create steam.;)

4. docprego thread starter macrumors 65816

I finally got it on relatively dust free. It reduces the screen sensitivity a bit, it's enough to be noticeable and annoying to someone who is used to the naked glass sensitivity which is incredible. So I have to press a but harder to register a lot of actions and then a watermark/bubble appears between the screen and the membrane when I do. Not worth the hassle, seemed like a great concept in theory but in execution it is another story.

5. DigMe macrumors 6502

Wow...you'd have to be a total dope to pay full price for a $90 HDMI cable anyway.

6. reliantj macrumors 6502

believe it or not some ill informed people will buy them, just because they need them.
    so for relatives and friends i'll go ahead and buy it for $6 and usually as a gift, they'll just hand me a 20 and tell me to keep the change.

anyways the OP should check out the SE Rebel Thread!